20i Domains

Dev wanted.....

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by Admin, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guys,

I still do SEO work for UK businesses that are always in need of web dev help. There is an apparent dearth of reliable talent. Anyone available. jquery, php etc.

Also looking for someone who is sh1t hot with pagespeed optimisation for Wordpress sites. Someone who knows the smart ways to tackle and improve LCP and CLS times for a good Core web vitals rating and page experience score.

Ta
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Well-Known Member

@seemly has been amazing helping me with dev stuff, highly recommended.

Last time I spoke to him he was working on Pagespeed Insights stuff too, not sure if he offers it as a service though, you’d have to ask.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Admin

Ready to pick this up and looking for someone... we are looking for a dev who knows Wordpress very well, wpbakery ideally and something about jquery!

5. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

I know WordPress in and out, but I'm mostly nocode, I got in early with Elementor and have one of their huge agency packages so I often use it. Your pagespeed problems could efficiently be solved by backend work using Litespeed, Memcached, LSCache (to fine-tune Litespeed caching within WordPress), and perhaps the QUIC CDN. As well as on-page optimisations, the LSCache integration with QUIC is a necessity on any WordPress site I build, I could not speak highly enough of it. The image optimisation to .webp is really great.

6. Ben Thomas

7. JMI

JMI Active Member Acorn Supporter

The problem could be WordPress and you need to move to a better sofware solution.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Ben Thomas

The problem is very rarely WordPress. People have this problem understanding WordPress at its core. They think it's a bit shit, but it isn't. In the face of more emerging, "bleeding edge" type technologies like React or Node, perhaps. But it's still used successfully by some of the biggest platforms and websites out there, some of which you likely use daily.

I will just add that, usually, problems with WordPress are user-created problems, like adding bad plugins or old code or creating vulnerabilities in your site.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

React being bleeding edge at 9 years old already :D

10. Ben Thomas

Still very new though in terms of availability, IMO. If you're comparing it to older tech, which in this case might be jQuery.

11. Admin

actually our need at the moment for the site in question is to have work done so we dont need to be using the plugin 'jquery migrate helper'. We need someone who knows jquery, wpbakery and other stuff. Its less about the CLS and speed stuff at the moment.