20i Reseller Hosting

Exact Domain Project

Discussion in 'Domain Traffic / Keyword Research' started by DomainTastic, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DomainTastic

DomainTastic Member

Hi All,

I've been busy today asking questions, but have to admit this domain is excellent...I only thought forums in America were this lively.

My final question has come about from all the answers I've received, as follows:

As the number of exact searches is important and coupled with the fact that not everybody will click on the website...even if I am number 1. Can you tell me what numbers you consider good in Google Adwords Keywords?

Originally I was thinking 5,000 exact, but now after the answers I received I shouldn't start a project unless I have nearer 30,000 exact searches. I have a couple of domains in the cupboard with the exact keyword making up the domain, but some only have 5,000 exact while some are 25,000 to 30,000. Even though my interest is greater in the 5,000 ones I think I should just get rid of those, mas 6 months down the line I'll still be advertising.

Kindest regards,

James

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. rob United Kingdom

rob Founding Member

What is your aim for the project?

4. Systreg South Africa

Systreg Well-Known Member

The higher the exacts the better, but personally, I'm happy with any domain that has 1000 exacts, all depends on what you are intending to sell and what the competition is like, I have some domains that only have 300, 500 700 exacts etc, you don't necessarily need tens of thousands of exacts to make money from names.

5. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

The relevance of the number of exacts differs depending on the value of the keywords. I'm not adverse to chasing a term with less exacts if the pay off is high. I think it's a bit cutthroat to plan on getting rid of all sub x number of exact domains, but of course we're all individual, and lots of different strategies can work.

6. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

If you were an affiliate earning 10% on each sale and you were selling:

- product X (say carving knives) at £15 per item where X got 30,000 exact matches,

would that in your eyes be better than selling

- product Y (say cream leather sofas) at £1000 per item where Y got 5,000 exact matches?

It's not as straightforwards as the raw Exact searches.

7. DomainTastic

DomainTastic Member

Hi,

I guess competition does make a difference, less choice more focus on your own website.

So nobody has a particular figure they stick too?

Kindest regards,

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.