Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Furniture.co.uk Sold for $700,000

Discussion in 'Sold Domains' started by atlas, Jul 29, 2016.

1. ian

ian Well-Known Member

I'd say in his position it is an entirely logical approach, to advertise what he paid for it, so that it firms up the asset within his company for a potential future sale of either it, or the business. Price seems quite high to me, but then I don't see .co.uk domains having anywhere near that value today, but it is certainly an eye opener.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. BeachLife United Kingdom

BeachLife Active Member

The buyer has certainly been drinking the kool aid, but then if he has been making good money online in the furniture field then why not follow his convictions.

It would be an interesting case study in the future. I assume they will capitalise the domains in the accounts, so we may be able to see in a few years time if they have been written down in value, as others have done before.

4. serothehero Turkey

serothehero Member

Nobody with a brain would offer $700K at the first pitch. Furniture.co.uk was probably getting alot of ads revenue from them and they reached a price with that in mind. Or they are inflating the reality for market attention.

5. ian

ian Well-Known Member

I think Murray's point was more about what level you'd say yes to, using an example of an initial offer of $100k etc. Hard to turn down, but I guess at say $100k starting, you'd think ok, there is room to move here, but holding firm to $700k is brave. Having said all that, some portfolio owners are stubborn as hell to the point you'd question whether they want to sell at all.

6. philiporchard United Kingdom

philiporchard Well-Known Member

I imagine the seller was dictating the price from the outset - as you'd anticipate with a premium generic.

And yes, sellers do turn down offers of 100k for domains. Have you tried buy a domain from Denys lately ;) He's got a geo I want and I £100k isn't going to be enough!

7. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

His sold page doesn't look crazy http://buydomainnames.co.uk/domains/sold

He caught my town name not too long ago, I made him a low xxx offer but he never replied, might as well have sold it to me though as no one else will ever buy it

I assume you want Liverpool ;)

8. BeachLife United Kingdom

BeachLife Active Member

Why would furniture.co.uk be getting lots of ad revenue?