20i Reseller Hosting

Is there any value in .online domain names?

Discussion in 'General Board' started by DJ Wood, Sep 12, 2019.

1. DJ Wood United Kingdom

DJ Wood Active Member

Hi everyone,

I know most people sniff at the new gTLD's but I have picked up what I believe to be quite a good one and I was wondering if there is a use or if, like I believe(and hope), there is any value to it.

The domain in question is: l a n d l o r d s .online I notice that landlords.uk has a guide price of £5k on domainlore and is showing as under offer. Also I see that landlord.online is for sale on SEDO for just over £2.5k.

Obviously I am aware that these are just asking and guide prices and may not reflect the actual achievable price, but in my opinion the one I have is better than the one on SEDO and is probably on a par with the .uk domain as it has a nice brand-able ring to it and isn't restricted to just the UK (I am fairly new to this so am prepared to accept that I am wrong).

The domain renewal is about £45 per year.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to hearing your thought and opinions on this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I brought one not long ago along with a .wales off the back of a reasonable .uk sale. ( gpsurgey.wales, gpsurgey.online ) To be honest I don't expect them to shift but the reg fee was pennies at the time so was worth a punt for a year, whether i will renew them i'll tackle when the time comes.

I'm sure there are plenty of .online sales, but i can't imagine they are too sort after.

From a non-domaining, end user point of view............I personally would never dream of starting a website/brand on an .online domain lol .

4. DJ Wood United Kingdom

DJ Wood Active Member

Thanks for the interesting response.

I knew it wouldn't be as popular but like you it didn't cost the earth so I will hold onto it for a while and see if there is any interest.

Has anyone had any luck selling a .online and if so where/how did you sell it?

Cheers!

5. WalkinDude United Kingdom

WalkinDude Active Member Full Member

It describes something that is already obvious. Dont see the point of it and its lengthy. Other than odd novelty e.g bet.online it really is an example of digital superfluence.