Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Microsoft Adcenter

Discussion in 'Social Media Marketing' started by Admin, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. patrickj United Kingdom

patrickj Active Member

I am spending £xxxx a month at the moment....or that is what i estimate as it has only been live couple of weeks

do not expect huge volumes of traffic

do expects cheap traffic for most keywords

do expect a sometimes slow and *different* control panel to adwords

do expect quite decent ctr of a fairly good quality..very little ppc fraud as i can see

patrick

4. Admin

what are you promoting at that cost?
    Are you getting a good return?

5. patrickj United Kingdom

patrickj Active Member

various subjects..

some 5p minimum bid some 30p bids

6. clem

clem Member

Advantages:
    Really cheap traffic - none of this silly 'black-box' QS *at the moment*.

Traffic volumes are lower, but conversions remain about the same, so overall, better for me as I'm paying less per click so for the same number of clicks, I make more profit.

___

Disadvantages:
    Hopeless cp - incredibly slow and I keep getting error messages "unknown error". I can put up 5 ads under Adwords in the same time that I can put up one under Adcenter. This is down to two things - 1, the site itself is incredibly slow. 2, the CP isn't configured for large campaigns - I don't want to have to tell you for each ad is to be shown in these particular countries....give me them as default please!! What worries me is that it's slow now - what's it going to be like when they have the same number of subscribers as Yahoo/Google?

Keywords get rejected for absolutely no reason whatsoever - and they don't seem to specify why. I tend to just stick 'em all back in and they generally get accepted the next time around, so total inconsistency from their reviewing team.

Site always seems to be down - today, I can login, but I can't edit any of my ads. Price management seems to have been down for about 24 hours on and off now.

The ad/keywords reviews take an absolute age - up to 2 days before they go live. I haven't tried this, but a couple of people have also said that if you edit an ad, it goes offline until a review takes place, meaning up to 2 days again where your ad isn't shown. I can't confirm this, but it's cruddy if this is the case....

There's no consistency in when your ads/keywords get reviewed. Example: I uploaded 10 early yesterday morning. 3 went through last night. The rest are still pending. The three that were accepted weren't even the ones I did first - they were in the middle of the batch somewhere. All ads in the batch are for similar products, so I don't get why there's such a huge time discrepancy, nor why some go through fast and others don't.

___

I'd love to see a client piece of software (like google's) where I can work on my ads, click a button to upload them and go have a cup of tea. I guess they need to work through their other issues first though ;)

All in all, it's *way* too buggy right now. Too slow to put ads up, and the center doesn't work properly. If it wasn't for fairly good conversions, I honestly wouldn't bother and I'd wait a couple of months until they have it sorted - I'm trying to work on ads today, and I'm on the verge of throwing my laptop out the window (yes, it *really* is that bad!!) so I'm sticking with what I have, and I'm going to leave it ticking over and I'll come back in a few months and fiddle with it again....

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  7. Paullas

Paullas Super Moderator Staff Member

i was going to give it a go but i think i will take your advice and leave it for a few months....

cheers for info

8. Admin

great post Clem, thanks!

9. www.confused.me.uk

www.confused.me.uk Active Member

Been using Ad Center for just over a week, click prices are cheaper but traffic is alot lower then google

Alot more people have started using it within the last few days so click prices are sure to rise if you want to stay @ the top!

10. weycresto

weycresto Active Member

I have tried a few adverts on Adcentre and slowly moving a few campaigns onto it. Well you could hardly move them quickly with that interface, but the clicks are relatively cheap.

Paul

11. dhscott

dhscott Active Member

Does MS AdCenter allow you to create an ad campaign specifically for MSN / Live Messenger? Or am I imagining things again? :p

12. disruptive

disruptive Well-Known Member

when vista finally arrives for the mass market, it MS adcenter will take off, as windows live will be doing the searching so to speak. So far not that many users I suspect, but will no doubt increase as people move to vista and new machines ship with it. Obviously with IE 7 the incentive to move to Firefox is diminished.

Vista is great by the way, have been running a copy and so far so good.

13. weycresto

weycresto Active Member

14. dhscott

dhscott Active Member

15. weycresto

weycresto Active Member

I thought there would be a catch!

16. BFTUK United Kingdom

BFTUK Active Member

Why can't us UK residents benefit from this? I might even consider trying it if a similar offer existed.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.