20i Reseller Hosting

Weird search results

Discussion in 'Domain Traffic / Keyword Research' started by Aaron Clifford, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron Clifford

Aaron Clifford Well-Known Member

I've just knocked up a mini site and weirdly when I search for the term If i'm logged in it comes up on the bottom of the second page, If i'm logged out it turns up second. :eek:

Isn't it usually the other way round? I've asked someone to check and there saying i'm bottom of page one "endowment policies" is the term, and the domain is endowmentpolicies.org.uk Anyone like to fill me in on what's happening with my google?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member

#18 for me...

4. Systreg South Africa

Systreg Well-Known Member

Same as Ben, result 18 for me also.

I seem to remember a discussion about something similar to this a while back, and people using different browsers were sometimes getting different results for the same term, I've seen it where I checked something using Firefox and then using Opera browser and they were different results in serps.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  5. Aaron Clifford

I've asked two others to check and they have both said bottom of page one, I get #18 if logged in weird.

6. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

i am glad someone has brought this up,i noticed it a couple of weeks ago,my Insurance broker emailed me and said congratulations "i noticed you are now on page 2 of google for the search term xxxxxxxxxxx and said would you like some creative banners creating" ,i was thinking are you having a laugh i am third on page 1 of google...."he replied are you sure" i checked on my missus's netbook and it was there on page 2....:confused:

some weird stuff happening lately....

7. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

That's been happening to me for months. If i visit a page, then search for it again, it often appears much higher up in the rankings. Maybe it stores what it views to be my preferences. I sometimes have to clear my cookies to actually figure out the true position of a site.

8. Aaron Clifford

9. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member

I tried their service after the recommendation as well but the results were all over the place.

10. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

Does using a proxy sort things out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.