20i Reseller Hosting

Where can I find all reported Sedo domain name sales

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by seemly, Apr 16, 2017.

1. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

Where can I find all reported Sedo domain name sales in a uniform display?

I was under the impression that the following (shoddy) RSS feed would provide me with all recent domain name sales: https://sedo.com/rss/rss_list.php?rss_id=17

But this does not seem the case, as I am able to read other domain news related sites reporting of domain name sales that do not exist in that RSS feed.
    • Is there a Sedo URL displaying a table of all recent sales?
    • Is there an alternative Sedo RSS feed that I am not aware of?
    I am not familiar with the Sedo website in any way, shape or form, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is for use in updating the domain prices database I have been working on and developing recently.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

Can maybe someone like @Edwin, @Skinner or even @goldnames help point me in the right direction?

I see quite a few domain related blogs displaying "Sedo Weekly Sales Report". Is this accessible by all muggles like us? Or is this a premium service? Ideally I would have access to this, as the RSS feed from Sedo does not work as expected.

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Sorry, I don't know the answer. Surely Sedo can tell you? It's to their benefit to have their sales publicised, after all (shows the strength of their sales platform)

• Like Like x 1
  5. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

OK. Thanks, @Edwin. I sent Sedo a message via twitter earlier today. Maybe they'll get back to me. If not, I'll have to find an alternative way of contacting them.

Thank you again, Edwin.

6. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

I used to scan all the RSS feeds and check for them. Their .UK feed has so many non .uk domains that I assumed others would have .uk domains, and there are the odd one here and there.

I'm sure sedo send out email shots of their top sales, as many sales are reported which don't exist in any of the feeds.

Its shoddy sedo all around really.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I need a way to get this information in a way that is displayed in a consistent manner. To automate it, dnjournal makes it impossible.

I have emailed sedo about getting this information, but I am assuming I'll hear nothing back.

Next step would be to contact Ron Jackson, but I don't hold out much hope for that, either.

8. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

I finally got this response from Sedo: