Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

1&1 trying to steal my domain!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suffice to say, I'm not sure what is going on here - first time I've had a rogue transfer request (which obviously I did not authorize)... but from Los Diablos, 1&1!

=========================
Re: Transfer of *****.net

The Schlund+Partner AG has received a request from

1&1 Internet AG on behalf of Nebihu Valmir DE-31167 Bockenem, Ackerstr. 20

on 20-Apr-2009 for us to become the new registrar of record.

You have received this message because you are listed as the Registered
Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS
database.

make sure it's got a registrar lock on it... can only be turned off in yout control panel.

Hi devolution,

You better contact them quick, i think you have a few days to cancel the transfer, I would change the password as well.

you always seem to have problem with them, didn't you try to take them to court last year?

Why are you still with them?

This domain is actually at Moniker - the transfer request is coming from them (1&1), and they have good security at Moniker - doamins transfer-locked by default.
The court stuff is still in process, and in the rest of the email it says if you do not want to transfer the domain to them, then do nothing. Suffice to say, I have no domains with 1&1 anymore.
I liked the older generic transfer system where you could go to a page and select yay/nay.

But still, I'm wondering if this is something nefarious or just a mistake...

If you know nothing about a deal involving the domain, there is only one conclusion - somebody is trying to steal it.

While winker&winker suggest you do nothing if you don't want to deal, I would suggest you talk to Moniker and make sure that nothing will happen.

It might be useful to report the problem to your local police - I don't know what they can do, but you have a name and address to show them (Nebihu Valmir DE-31167 Bockenem, Ackerstr. 20 is pretty specific, although I'll bet he can go into the "no understand" routine at the drop of a hat). Perhaps they can liase with the cybercrime squad and talk to the Germans.

If you want to tell the German police, you can send email from the link at
BKA Info
That text says "don't use this for emergency situations, report to your local police station", and "don't send any attachments, put everything in your email".

Thieves in general rely on a single instance of a crime being below the £30-ish attention threshold of police, so be sure to mention that your domain is possibly worth £500 or so - that should get their attention.

If I were in your shoes, I would try reporting this attempted theft, although I would not hold out much hope of success. Domain theft is fraud, but don't expect "PC Plod and the Woodentops" to be able to get their heads around it right away. If going to the effort of reporting the matter is a "fool's errand", I apologise.

Last edited:
First of all I am sorry to hear you are in this predicament.
Yes, there's full of fraudsters out there and although for you it seems 1&1 is trying to steal your domain I can assure you that it's not them and it's another one behind this. Like crabfoot suggest I am going to have to agree. That is the best solution and in the future act fast and don't let this ever happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom