Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

123-REG Admin Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately your domain name cannot be modified at this time due to an admin update that is currently being processed.
This update should be completed by the 13/4 after which time you will be able to manage your domain as normal.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

I cannot change a domain DNS for a week!?!?! due to an "admin update"

Admin

123 reg - http://thesaurus.com/

incompetent  [in-kom-pi-tuhnt]
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: unskillful, unable
Synonyms: amateur, amateurish, awkward, bungling, bush-league, clumsy, disqualified, floundering, helpless, inadequate, incapable, ineffectual, inefficient, ineligible, inept, inexperienced, inexpert, insufficient, maladroit, not cut out for, not equal to, not have it, out to lunch, raw, unadapted, unequipped, unfit, unfitted, unhandy, uninitiated, unproficient, unqualified, unskilled, untrained, useless

"Sententiae"

Mark ;)

I genuinely don't understand why anyone savvy enough about domains and the web to find and participate on Acorn still uses them. How many threads will it take to convince people? 100? 1,000? It's just issue after issue after issue...

It's really incredibly simple: use a DIFFERENT registrar - now!

It's really incredibly simple: use a DIFFERENT registrar - now!

That won't matter mate, they still keep billing... Nothing stops the 123-reg :D

I started to filter out my few .com's earlier this year.

You should create a sticky set a date for anyone that had bad service from them to move there names out on a specific date people could post the amount there going to move prior. There really is no need for anyone to put up with companies that offer inferior service these days? Nothing makes a company try more than losing tens to hundreds of thousands in a day winner could the one that moves the most :D

This is exactly what we are doing at 123-reg, when domains are up for renewal we are transfer / renew from Tucows or other legacy providers to our own credentials.

Due to the transfer process, while the domain is in transfer state request to ack from Tucows (five days) the domain is not able to be managed as per domain standards. However, if you email me the domain name in question I can double check this for you ([email protected]).

123-reg has done a lot of work, and more work is undergoing to improve the systems and management in place for domains.

If you read the threads on Acorn, you will see that we are listening to you, our customers, as well as working with usability experts.

There is a lot for us to do, but I am glad to say most of the back-end underlying work to bring our systems to modern code is almost complete. Soon you will start to see the front end changes.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused with not being able to change the NS, however this is the only valid way to bring domains to a central system which works towards the update of all of our systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom