Domain Manage

123-REG Admin Update

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by admin, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

I cannot change a domain DNS for a week!?!?! due to an "admin update"

Admin

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. TheNightfly United Kingdom

TheNightfly Active Member

123 reg - http://thesaurus.com/

incompetent  [in-kom-pi-tuhnt]
    Part of Speech: adjective
    Definition: unskillful, unable
    Synonyms: amateur, amateurish, awkward, bungling, bush-league, clumsy, disqualified, floundering, helpless, inadequate, incapable, ineffectual, inefficient, ineligible, inept, inexperienced, inexpert, insufficient, maladroit, not cut out for, not equal to, not have it, out to lunch, raw, unadapted, unequipped, unfit, unfitted, unhandy, uninitiated, unproficient, unqualified, unskilled, untrained, useless

"Sententiae"

Mark ;)

4. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

hahaha, April Fools that hasn't been removed?

5. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

The settings options are greyed out!

6. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I genuinely don't understand why anyone savvy enough about domains and the web to find and participate on Acorn still uses them. How many threads will it take to convince people? 100? 1,000? It's just issue after issue after issue...

It's really incredibly simple: use a DIFFERENT registrar - now!

7. TheNightfly United Kingdom

TheNightfly Active Member

F.T.R : 'Sententiae' co uk - donations to Admin :)

Mark

8. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

That won't matter mate, they still keep billing... Nothing stops the 123-reg :D

I started to filter out my few .com's earlier this year.

9. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

You should create a sticky set a date for anyone that had bad service from them to move there names out on a specific date people could post the amount there going to move prior. There really is no need for anyone to put up with companies that offer inferior service these days? Nothing makes a company try more than losing tens to hundreds of thousands in a day winner could the one that moves the most :D

10. rwinslow

rwinslow Member

This is exactly what we are doing at 123-reg, when domains are up for renewal we are transfer / renew from Tucows or other legacy providers to our own credentials.

Due to the transfer process, while the domain is in transfer state request to ack from Tucows (five days) the domain is not able to be managed as per domain standards. However, if you email me the domain name in question I can double check this for you (richard.winslow@123-reg.co.uk).

123-reg has done a lot of work, and more work is undergoing to improve the systems and management in place for domains.

If you read the threads on Acorn, you will see that we are listening to you, our customers, as well as working with usability experts.

There is a lot for us to do, but I am glad to say most of the back-end underlying work to bring our systems to modern code is almost complete. Soon you will start to see the front end changes.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused with not being able to change the NS, however this is the only valid way to bring domains to a central system which works towards the update of all of our systems.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.