Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

123-reg.co.uk Ceased Trading???

Discussion in 'Domain Name Registrars' started by nnh, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnh United Kingdom

nnh Active Member

Hi

Has 123-reg ceased trading?? My account is in a mess and there is no reply. Domains I have registered are not in my control panel, those that do appear have an already expired deletion date!!!

I am owed refunds on my credit card for domains registered twice!! That I seem not to be getting back!!

If I register more than six domains at one time some disapear and im left in the same mess!!!

NO technical support!!

THIS TAKES ME BACK TO 1997 AND SOME GUY IN HIS BEDROOM!! How big is their operation, or has it just collapsed??

Im needing to register more domains today but im a little worried about using them, can anyone recommend a bigger operation that can handle more than five registrations per day!!!!!

THNQ

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. domaingenius

domaingenius Well-Known Member

4. charlie United Kingdom

charlie Well-Known Member

they're blaming eu registrations.

in the modern age of communications i find the phone sorts stuff out double quick - forget email :rolleyes:

5. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

nightmares!

Agreed 123-reg are c**nts! just got back from ringing them at my mates shop & paying him fiver as my phone is barred from premium rate calls. Last invoice i paid with about 15 domains, it excluded one & wasn't in my pop-up box control. Happened again on invoice before that, even though whois reg'd. Then the whole invoice before that for over hundred quid they had money & none were reg'd. More calls. They never offer to put any credit in your account due to calls either. I have vowed now, no more! I'll go back to uk2 where i have hundreds. They're the cheapest. I know they have shit popups & headers but for just reselling & pushing, not a problem.
    I wanted to give them another go as they f*****d up my .eu domains too. I preregistered 90, they took the fees & then for registering half, which got me excited as they said only would if had got them . They were generic too (worth a try, know it was totally corrupt all round now). In the end had to write to PIpex MD twice to egt my 2k back! Never got a letter, just an email & they still owe me £30.
    They are mickey mouse & I hope people blog them to hell. Having said that wanted to reg there cos cheap for .uk & if they reg right, I like the free wepage & easy free sitebuilder they give you. It makes them easier to sell I feel. Anyway I'll shut up now. For .coms & .nets I feel Godaddy is the best. Free 5 page website builder & fiver for a .com for a year , suits you sir. Never any probs & can pay by paypal. What an essay! Shutup pred! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

6. sneezycheese

sneezycheese Active Member

...1&1 Internet seem very good to me and with 24 hour telephone support included. The packages they offer (and there are many) are upgradable and you can add different packages to your account on an as and when basis. The control pannel is fully featured and you'll probably never use all the add ons they give you.

They also don't bill you till the end of the month, which in one way is a blessing (more time to pay), but on the other hand it is soo, soo easy to get carried away and spend over your budget.

So to sum up - 1&1 in my mind is well worth a try.

7. denchomsky United Kingdom

denchomsky Well-Known Member

Make sure you uncheck the Auto re-reg facility on 1&1 though,they conveniently apply it automatically, it caught me out, and re-reged some freebee .info's last year that i didn't want to re-reg, mailed them but no refund. :???:

8. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

1 and 1

I ahev about 30 regged with them I don't like them .th ey charge .1 and 1.co.uk customers twice what they charge the .com customers, for a .com
    Plus if you transfer internally, it'll cost you. Or rather it will cost the person buying, so best left to sell near expiry, then they pay the new registration.
    Not keen

9. nnh United Kingdom

nnh Active Member

I reverted to Bells old fashioned telephonic device and rang 123-reg!! Control panal updated and credit card refunded. The problem with names not apearing in the control panal list, is with names previously registered with 123 then dropped, if you have registered old names their system picks them up as cancelled and doesnt add them!! When it was updated the 'Web Forwarding' addresses from the previous owners appeared!! So you need to check this or you will lose traffic!!

I have to say that the person I spoke to was EXCELLENT :) she knew what she was talking about and sorted it straight away. I had avoided ringing them as I expected some guy called Kevin (sorry Kevin's!!) that always laughs at his own jokes and keeps you online just for your cash!! I did expect a much better service from e-mail support!!

All in all the service was good, however it cost me the cost of a domain registration to sort the problem which was their's! I dont fancy paying that a few times a week!! I do like the set up but for large registrations I dont think they can probably cope!!

10. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

spot on

well summed up. i've gone back to uk2. can't deal with the stress 123 cause. like their instant site builders. shame. cheers:cool:

11. charlie United Kingdom

123 do this as well - you have to mark 'let domain drop' else you'll get an unexpected invoice!

12. charlie United Kingdom

there you go - what did i say - the phone every time if you want things sorted :D (i do know this isnt always the case)

13. deconstruction United Kingdom

deconstruction Well-Known Member

if people are registering 100's of .co.uk domains then i would get a tag and become a member of nominet.

no more problems with middle companies, and if your in it for the long haul, it will pay for itself.

:rolleyes:

14. charlie United Kingdom

i got a TAG 123 suits me better dont really know why just never got around to organising - they do it for me - sad but true

15. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Active Member

You must have spoken to the same lady as me. The Domains previously regged with 123 can sometimes go into someone else's account - I guess the previous owner :???:

You need to check the renewal date is also updated when they move them across manually - or you'll be renewing Domains you've just bought :confused:

Although I've been quick to damn them in the past, the last couple of people I've spoken to in customer service have been brilliant... problems sorted... is there anything else I can help you with sir etc.:D

16. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Yes because you spoke to them, the buggers need to answer their email quicker, I paid for one domain three times the other night and they still didn't reg it, I still don't have en email saying it's being refunded. I'm not ******* ringing them, I've paid out £18 quid already.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

Amen

Those 123 c*nts have had 20 quid off me this week in phonecalls. I like their prices & instant website builders, but that's it. On my cat's life i won't reg any more with them .They're payment system is absolutely f*cked. I can't understand how a huge business, especially in this area can't have genius' working for them so their technical system isn't always hopeless. Is it just me & Lee who have problems or others? If so, let's email over these comments to their md & let him know the domain community think their a bunch of incompetent bellends! Amen
    Predator :twisted:

18. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

it's funny how I mentioned way back that I used ukreg for my domains and everyone said use 123-reg instead! So I started using them and found them to be useless! How the worm turns!

19. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

123 are ok as a temporary base if you want to import a domain and use their interface to create a nameserver e.g. ns1.domain.co.uk. And then when active and propogated transfer back. Benefit of being higher up the food chain.

S

20. nnh United Kingdom

nnh Active Member

More Problems!!

My porblems with 123-reg were not resolved!! They actually got FAR WORSE!! I no longer feel they are capable of domain registrations!!

I registered a generic .org.uk one Friday morning, it was the only domain I was registering at that moment, it was a dropped domain. Usual problem it was prior owned by a 123 customer so never appeared in the control panel, I couldnt wait for the four to seven days for technical support so had to ring them!! Yer 50p min, well I started talking quick...

Five hours later, numerous calls, approx £25 lighter on my phone bill, four telephone tech support people who didnt know there arse from their elbow, and the name still wasnt registered. YES THATS RIGHT WASNT EVEN REGISTERED!! They took payment three times, (I have yet to check if I have got it back)!! They couldnt find e-mails I had sent them!! I had to ring Nominet to find out what was wrong. Nominet told me they had 'systems' problems!! I wont go into details as to what was wrong with their registration system, lets just say it doesnt work!!!

They really were not bothered, and as this was a name I really wanted that I had just told four people was now available, I wasnt going to let it go. So it cost me a fortune for a .uk registration with them...

Oh yes, and from the horses mouth, "our tech support is not four to seven days, ITS THREE DAYS"!! Great, THREE days for tech support. NO business ANYWHERE will survive in domain name registration with THREE days support waiting!!

God help them........................

21. denchomsky United Kingdom

denchomsky Well-Known Member

i've switched to UKReg, reg'd about 10 in the last couple of days, No problems so far, I suggest you do the same!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.