Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

123-reg support contact required

m4c

Reaction score
Is there anyone here from 123-reg, or have any contacts that have any clout there?

Guy at Dropped.uk caught a domain for me 2 weeks, he released the TAG to my registrar, - "This was submitted and completed on 18 Apr at 15:25."

- and about 10 hours later, they released it to 123-REG...

Email response from Nominet Support:
"I have looked at the history for the domain xxxxxx and I can see that you did release it to the DOTUKDOMAINS tag but then on the 19/04/2019 at 00:01:11 DOTUKDOMAINS released it to the 123-REG by EPP."

DOTUKDOMAINS support have told me I need to talk to 123 - and the 123 support team are effectively telling me I'm a retard:
"It seems that your domain expired earlier this year and since then it was released on the open market and then someone else has registered it with 123-reg."

Knowing they are sister companies, how on earth do I get some communication going on between them?
- now that Host Europe is owned by GoDaddy, does this mean it's going to be a never-ending story of pass-the-buck?

Just to pitch in here, 123-REG are adamant they caught the domain name, had it transferred to their TAG from DOTUKDOMAINS, and have performed a Registrant transfer and put the domain name in someone else's 123-reg account.

I would be calling Nominet ( 01865 332244 ) and explaining the situation since it seems both your registrar DOTUKDOMAINS and 123REG are failing to fulfil their responsibilities as registrars.

Reactions: m4c
Thanks guys - am trying regular support channels one more time, but clearly either machine error / human stupidity or fraud going on somewhere deep in the system :(

Wasn't there a similar situation recently with MONSTER and another associated tag, where by the domain was transferred to a tag and then their internal process moved it to a new owner because it was backordered? Might have been @Systreg but not 100% sure.

Reactions: m4c
Just to update - after persistent badgering of support, and a direct email to Richard Winslow courtesy of Guy, 123-Reg finally changed the TAG on the domain back to my registrar.

I received the following explanation, which doesn't make any sense at all to a luddite like myself - but heyho, problem solved :)

"Dev have looked into the details and found a solution. Due to a notification missing from registry the system made a mistake on where to place the domain. It’s now fixed and this exceptional case will be used to update the allocation system to look for this catch to prevent a future case"

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom