Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

1and1 UK Billing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1and1 cancellations advice

hey guys,

what is the best way to cancel contracts to make sure that you dont get billed.

Last edited:
Been there and worn the t-shirt

I will never touch 1&1 again. I bought a package, wasn't happy and cancelled. Still got billed, contacted 'customer services' who explained it is their policy still to collect money even if a contract has been cancelled and a refund would come 15 days later.....when it did it was £7 short. After giving them a bit of a rollicking apparently this was my 3 days usage charge!!!!!

I wanted to transfer all domains to them from my existing host. Other hosting companies I've worked with do this for free - not 1&1. Was going to work out an extra £200 fee simply to move my names to them!!

Think I went through to cancellations who are in the UK. Guy sounded like he sat there all day listening to people rant on about how crap they are.

Try cancellations rather than their overseas customer services areas who don't seem to understand words such as FTP, SQL and Hosting

Last edited:
Did you actually cancel the accounts or just remove the details for payment/cancel your direct debit with your bank?

Did you get any confirmation that your account had been closed or acknowledgment that you'd submitted a cancellation request?

Also, this post may be taken down if 1&1 chase it up - or at least moved to another section - because some hosts threaten legal action with the whole scam accusations thing.

hey cc976a /Blossom - thanks for sharing

Just realised that this thread is in the wrong section! - its not a scam - just need some advice to cancellations! thank you :)

Last edited:
FantasticNames said:
hey cc976a thanks for sharing that

how can they get away with this? isnt there a governing body in the Uk that monitors such complaints?

I welcome all your advice x

Trouble is they're probably not actually doing anything legally wrong. As they explained to me all this is clearly written in the terms and conditions (that of course no-one ever reads)

I'd cancel any bank / PayPal agreement to prevent them taking any more payments then speak to cancellations to get a refund (back it up with an email to get something in writing)...

....then go find another host and never look back :)

I had quite an interesting one with 1&1 this week:

They billed the previous owner for a "domain hosting service", invoiced me to my email address for a domain that is no longer on their TAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom