Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

uk 408 domains for auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Auction ended, cheers.

Last edited:
£100 each on these pairs

CamperConversions
CampervansForHire
RedCurrant
Scribbly
Visionary

Just £5k more to go for you - good luck Kev :)

aqueous £100
keep-fit £50
discount-codes £100
visionary £120

I'm going to Portugal on Sep 2nd to buy the caravan and spend a few days on the farm. I've also had a very steep quote of £3,465 to transport me and our 5 cats by road from Ireland to Portugal via England when we move there, so the cats may go by plane instead, I'll see if I can reach a certain amount of sales, then decide.

You won't be able to fly them cheaper than you can get them there by road. You can fly small animals relatively cheaply if you have a 'flight sponsor' for them. i.e. someone flying on that flight anyway, they check the animal in and back out at the other end. I dropped off a couple of cats going Portugal > Germany recently on that basis. They both traveled in the one box but you wouldn't be able to do 5 like that. So you'd need to find probably 3 separate groups of people going Ireland > Portugal and willing to take the cats.

Now here is the big problem - Ryanair and Easyjet don't take cats, at all. Most people are going to use these cheap airlines to get to Portugal so you're screwed basically. A businessman going 1st class on BA isn't going to take some random persons cat. Its a whole different ball game when the animals are going to germany or holland from here, as the main airlines there will happily take them.

So if you wanted to fly them but don't fly yourself, you're left with one realistic option. Use the specific pet air transport companies. I did this to send my dog on holiday... it cost me a couple of thousand £. Even at a bulk discount for 5 the price is going to be ruinous :eek:

Unless that £3500 quote includes loads of luggage or furniture or something it sounds pretty expensive. I'm organising one dog to go Portugal > UK just now and its costing me 320 euros I think, on the pet bus. Thats to mainland UK though, if it was Ireland it'd obviously be more. I'm unsure if they charge per pet or per box, perhaps a bit of both. So maybe around 800 euros for 5 cats in 2 boxes? Even if you figure 500 euros just to get them from Ireland to mainland UK its still leaving you £2700 or so to get yourself from Ireland to Portugal, which would be extremely easy to do.

I can get you some contact numbers for the pet transport people if you like.

aqueous - £125
numberone - £100
rapido - £100
veridian - £100
woop - £100
lasertech - £100
visionary - £150
quadra - £100
(bid for .co.uk/.uk pairs)

freehorsetips 50
dailyracingtips 50
horseracingtipster 50
horseracingbettingtips 50
scammers 50
hardtailbikes 50
beekeepers 50
channels 50
designideas 50
madabout 50
paragliders 50

Thanks for the offers so far, almost half way to my target figure already, keep bidding :lol:

@ Monkey, thanks, I've just woken up so I'll PM you later.

Current names with highest bids:

CamperConversions £100 = domainseller200
CampervansForHire £100 = domainseller200
RedCurrant £100 = domainseller200
Scribbly £100 = domainseller200
keep-fit £50 = cm1975
discount-codes £100 = cm1975
aqueous - £125 = atlas
numberone - £100 = atlas
rapido - £100 = atlas
veridian - £100 = atlas
woop - £100 = atlas
lasertech - £100 = atlas
visionary - £150 = atlas
quadra - £100 = atlas
freehorsetips £50 = bonusmedia
dailyracingtips £50 = bonusmedia
horseracingtipster £50 = bonusmedia
horseracingbettingtips £50 = bonusmedia
scammers £50 = bonusmedia
hardtailbikes £50 = bonusmedia
beekeepers £50 = bonusmedia
channels £50 = bonusmedia
designideas £50 = bonusmedia
madabout £50 = bonusmedia
paragliders £50 = bonusmedia

Running total = £1975

Last edited:
Just to confirm, the auction will only end Sep 8th? doesn't matter if you get the £5.5k before then?

Just to confirm, the auction will only end Sep 8th? doesn't matter if you get the £5.5k before then?

Yes, the auction ends on Sep 8th (unless there's extensions or taken at BIN) even if the target amount is reached before that point. It'll run until there are no further bids for a 10 minute period at or after the end time.

Last edited:
Thanks, first post updated with latest bids.

I had set all the domains in the list on Sedo to not for sale, I've just changed them back to for sale, and set a high minimum price on them to stop anyone being able to make offers there, thought I'd make stats viewable again in case anyone wants to see visitor numbers for any of the domains.

For ease of looking, list on Sedo here can be set to traffic:

https://www.sedo.co.uk/search/searc...olio=f49c9aaadb35e7ea0f02d6bb32bd80075250400a

NUMBERONE.CO.UK £100 bid

Atlas has already bid £100 on that one, Sean, all names with current bids are in red on my first post.

Thanks, first post updated with your offer, Sean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom