Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_co_uk A few domains making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have been running 3 similar mini sites and have homed in on a niche market and have good results in Google. One of the domains does get more than the other 2 site but could quite easily bring all 3 to the same level.

2 .co.uk's
1 .org.uk

* It saves you electrical energy
* It's not electric
* Every house could and should have one installed
* It will be a growing market and standard in most new homes
* It should never need replacing
* It's a great product
* Cost around £300+ and £500+ fitted to buy one
* It's a sort of an Eco product

As you can see, revenue isn't bad for 3 sites and post only once a month on them. (if that)
So i'm guessing more effort the more revenue they will generate.

Because it is a niche market i have tapped into I can't advertise the domains but are looking for offers going on the revenue shown below.

Top one is for 12 months bottom for past month and as you can see it has improved as times gone on and would be looking at easily passing the $1200 a year mark.

(All pure organic traffic)

Highest bid of £700 from DaveH

Auction or offers accepted until 20:00 on Sunday 23rd Nov Acorn time

3 sites.jpg

graphs.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bensd, Thanks for your interest....

Not totally sure what the done thing is for web site sales.

But I do know people use formulas such as 2 years income or an average monthly income times x amount of months.

I am open to any offers....... so fire away.

Maybe just for a guide it's earned me at least £50 in the last 30 days so i wouldn't sell it for an amount i can get back so many months with little effort.

Maybe someone can suggest what others have sold for as a benchmark....:grin:

Here's the past years break down on a day by day basis if this helps anyone report and you'll see that it's a few quid one day and over £5 the next. So around $80 in 20 days on average.

Also you can see that page impressions have almost 5 folded in the past 12 months too.

Last edited:
The basic I run by is

12-18 (months) x average of last 3-6 months.

IF I was to make an offer, I'd try my luck at 500-600 and offer bank to bank avoiding other changes. :p

Not sure if thats helpful or not :)

THIS IS NOT AN OFFER!!

Have had quite a few offers. Thanks peoples.

Just for a bit more of a idea, they're running with Word Press, are running like blogs and only have posted on them once a month at the most. So potentially loads of room for improvement.

The sites with no effort (but little disruption) could become nice earners.

Also forgot to say at one point I was getting inquires for the product on a daily basis asking if i sold them and which would be best for them. :p

Quite funny really as I could have sold dozens of them by now!!

Just for a bit more of an idea here's a screen shot (sort of) ;)

ss.jpg

Thanks Skinner. £500-£600 seems a good offer but do think there's more mileage in the 3 sites. It has made £68 in the pass 30 days and is increasing.

I do think the market and interest will be a growing one in the current climate. So will be worth someone bagging this for a big future investment.

I will see what offers I have on the table. Anyone wanting to post offers here instead of PM. This will give people an idea on what amounts are been offered.

If I get a few posts then I'll set a date to close offers for a final sale.

Last edited:
Maybe do yourself some favours by giving it a market classification ?

Be as broad as you need to but 'Entertainment', 'Electrical', 'Fashion', 'Automotive' but a little targetting may sway people, without revealing your niche :)

Just a broad classification may persuade me to offer more.

Ok guy's

• It saves you electrical energy
  • It's not electric
  • Every house could and should have one installed
  • It will be a growing market and standard in most new homes
  • It should never need replacing
  • It's a great product
  • Cost around £300+ and £500+ fitted to buy one
  • It's a sort of an Eco product

Does that help? :D

You should add that to yoru first post as well as I suspect it maybe the required push as there are a few people on here to seem to buy eco names :)

Thanks Dave,

As not to disturb them I can offer the hosting as it is for them if it helps at all too.

or

I can have them moved to a server of your choice that you have an account with free of charge and fully working before it gets switched too.
Word Press install with DB so can be tricky for a novice also with it been WP if you don't like the look of it it's easily changed (not advised)

I know how Google can be picky some times!!

Last edited:
Interesting bit of info for you.

I am assuming your hosting uses a CPanel control panel ?

The best way to complete the transfer with ZERO downtime.

If you do a FULL backup by going to Backups, then if the person chooses a host which uses CPanel as well, they can ask their new host to perform a 'restore' action which will exactly duplicate the sql tables, vhosts, subdomains and everything else on the target server. A quick check on the host.ext/~newaccount or wherever the new accounts temp home is.

A simple change from the old DNS to the new DNS and the change will be seemless :)

Some hosts like http://clients.evohosting.co.uk/aff.php?aff=060 (aff link) will transfer the files for you, and by looking at your stats £40 a year hosting off EVO would cover these sites and another 17 just like em heh, so this would be an excellent purchase for someone just getting into it :)

Yes Cpanel hosting.......AH :p never done that, ...but have been thinking about it for my client websites just in case a server or hosting company goes pop.

I am getting an ear bashing from a fellow friend who's telling me im mad for selling them :rolleyes:

I have plans for other projects and these will part fund it.

Oh missed that .....1000 posts :)

Just as a real-time bit of info for the 3 domains for the passed 6 days

PI -----Clicks---------CTR ------Earnings
785-----67----------8.54%------$21.16
277-----17----------6.14%------$3.19
121-----11----------9.09%------$2.59

Last edited:
I'm intrigued, but couldn't really make an offer without knowing what the product is. You could be talking about my missus.

Do you think you could purchase the product to sell or dropship?

Yes I suppose, you could bulk buy the product or drop ship it.

The person buying would either have to be a keen DIY person or get it fitted by a trades person in that field of work.

Even when these mini sites are sold and moved over to the buyer, I will not reveal the product! This should safe guard copy sites in such a new niche for mini sites.

I think i've guessed it from your clues. but I wouldn't say you could dropship if it's what i think it is.

Hi Mally

No not set one as I have said it would run until 20:00 on Sunday.

Dave is the only one who has officially posted an offer on the AD's board (although I have had offers else where but off the cuff below his offer) so would leave that up to Dave if he didn't mind me setting one.

I just want to add who ever buys it I do hope they improve upon (add not alter) the sites and really make them little gold mines. It's a shame to let them go really but needs must :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom