Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

A new take on domain leasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, and I don't mean this disrespectfully - but why did you pay him cash in advance? Most people wouldn't pay a tradesman until the job's complete, so I'm just wondering how he persuaded you?

P.

I work mainly on trust its only the untrustworthy who 'do' you over. I have prepaid before transfer and even moved names prior to payment. That's why I feel it it is important forpeople to be fully aware of who the bad guys are around the domain industry.

I transfer names quite happily before payment if I know who I am dealing with, so I agree with Rob, villians must be outed.

Whilst I'd agree with the above, I wouldn't do that with people I wasn't familiar with.

If they are people on this board who have been here a while then I'd be more than happy to move things about first.

However if it was someone new to the board and expected me to do that i'd have to thinik twice. I think that's more of what philip meant.

Sorry - I didn't quote that very well. I don't mind doing business in this way with people I trust either - but Sean's complaint was that:
seanlewis41 said:
he charged me £150 to do some SEO work but failed to deliver any work'.

I would have thought that would be a payment-upon-delivery situation.

P.

I had paid him to do work previously which he did actually do so I had built some kind of trust with him. He was obviously just reeling me in to get more money off me.

I'm filing a Paypal dispute and hopefully I should win it.

James Poole does not work for Fresh Egg

Hello - I am the MD of Fresh Egg and I would like to confirm that James Poole does not work for my company. If anyone has any contact information for James I would also be interested in hearing from you. Thanks, Adam Stafford.

I am

I have a Paypal dispute open with this guy. As soon as it is closed I will force Paypal to disclose his IP address, Address, Bank name etc. as I am sure the result of the dispute will be in my favor and that the seller did not respond and they have no way to refund my money.

Please send me a email if you would like to document the how much he has stolen from you etc.

I will then call the Police where he lives and have charges filed under the Theft Act of 1968 it was modified in 1996 to include the following - 10 Years in Jail would be good for James Poole

(1) After section 15 of the [1968 c. 60.] Theft Act 1968 insert—
“15A Obtaining a money transfer by deception

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if by any deception he dishonestly obtains a money transfer for himself or another.

(2) A money transfer occurs when—

(a) a debit is made to one account,

(b) a credit is made to another, and

(c) the credit results from the debit or the debit results from the credit.

(3) References to a credit and to a debit are to a credit of an amount of money and to a debit of an amount of money.

(4) It is immaterial (in particular)—

(a) whether the amount credited is the same as the amount debited;

(b) whether the money transfer is effected on presentment of a cheque or by another method;

(c) whether any delay occurs in the process by which the money transfer is effected;

(d) whether any intermediate credits or debits are made in the course of the money transfer;

(e) whether either of the accounts is overdrawn before or after the money transfer is effected.

(5) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years.

Please see Theft (Amendment) Act 1996 (c. 62) for reference

Will they actually do anything though?

Highly doubtful.

PayPal are due to respond to my case tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom