Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

A quick question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If I was to sell a .co.uk domain name, would I have to wait until I have the ownership certificate to come through from Nominet, or is there away of selling the domain name on as soon as I have registered it? Nominet ain't the quickest in sending these certificates!
Thanks.

If you want to sell the name, you should email [email protected] and ask them to send you a transfer form. You then fill the seller half of the form out and get the buyer to fill out the other half.

You both need to write a short letter to Nominet to accompany the form.

You add in a bunce cheque for £35ish and then send it back and... Voila, it's transferred.

You can arrange the sale with someone else milliseconds after you've registered it, but the certificate and ownership transfer process takes time.

Alot of time.

-aqls-

FC Domains said:
The certificates are a pain. I've had to buy a bigger shredder.

Ha Ha - Yep just got my shredder for that reason! what a waste of paper

selling

I think 123reg is handy,if buyer opens a free a/c, you can transfer to him while waiting for paperwork [ and have payment ] based on trust,but works.

zee said:
I think 123reg is handy,if buyer opens a free a/c, you can transfer to him while waiting for paperwork [ and have payment ] based on trust,but works.

Just to be clear, a .uk domain is only transferred once the Nominet transfer form has been completed and processed*. This transfer form is entirely separate to the Confirmation of Registration letter you get after registration (which is about register accuracy, and giving you access to registrants online).

That transfer form can be obtained quickly from [email protected] and, provided you fill it out right etc and pay the fee, the turnaround target is in the region of 5 days.

Although 123reg (or whoever) may be able to change de-facto control of the domain, its not a true transfer and the 'buyer' will have difficulties if the listed registrant resells it/goes bust/vanishes etc.

*or use a court order, or the DRS.

nominet

Yes, I have found service ,friendly and efficient,but trust still exists,if I told a buyer that I had filled forms ready to post to him, and he urgently wanted use of domain [ for campain maybe] I would switch over ''use'' of domain once I recieved payment and post paperwork, sedo is ok but costs + p/p costs time [ 5days]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom