Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Ads on NameDrive

Discussion in 'NameDrive' started by kriss05, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriss05

kriss05 Active Member

Hi Ed,

ND is great service so far. However, I clearly see one option that could dramaticaly increase relevancy of ND parked pages.

So far, to best of my knowledge, if someone wants some fixed related searches, he should contact ND. No need to say that it is time consuming or even impossible for large number of domains.

So, how about some automatic way to do that? And, more important, how about implementing some automatic procedure to fix not only related searches but ads on 1-click templates? It is not secret that often it is very difficult to bring together two highly relevant ads, one of wich only appears with keyword 1 and second one with keyword 2 where keywords 1 and 2 are related but slightly different.

This will increase page relevancy dramaticaly, so will earnings. And this method definitely works: for example, now Bodis users can manually set links on main landing page just in seconds and, as you know, CTR at Bodis is pretty high.
    If ND had such functionality, it would be number one parking company for times even without implementing the advanced SEO tools (although those are highly desirable as well :) ).

kriss05

2. NameDriver

NameDriver NameDrive Staff

Hi Kriss05,

I'm glad you've been enjoying ND so far.

As far as setting related searches is concerned, yes, it is only a service which can be used for now by contacting ND. I appreciate that it is not automatic, but I don't see how it is any more time consuming. Instead of entering them in the front office, you can enter them into an exel sheet and we upload them. It takes the same amount of time, essentially and we can do it instantly here.
    We are looking at allowing members to enter their own, but we have the issue that we would have to check each entry for relevance. It is certainly something we are working towards.
    Your other point about the keywords would mean manipulating the Google feed which we receive. I can appreciate that it would be nice to have mixed ads, some relating to "cars" and others to "motorbikes", however we have to return whatever Google deem most relevant for the given keywords. In many cases, where two words are taken, they will use the 'stronger' keyword - in this case cars.
    You could have two themes on the page by setting the keyword to 'cars' and having the subcategory as motorcycles for example so some motorcycle related searches appear on the page.

I hope this answers your questions. Have a great weekend.

Ed

3. kriss05

kriss05 Active Member

Ed, thanks for this informative post.

As to changing related searches, many people I guess are playing with keywords and related searches constantly, so often it is more convenient to submit user's ones at the "front office" rather than prepare exel sheet and send it to ND every time. Even if these searches need to be manually approved before being live - exactly as keywords themselves.

If you cannot disturbe Google feed, could you please give some advice or tips, if any, how to achieve better relevancy. I know, for example, that it is possible to get more relevant ads by increasing the weight of some word in keyword phrase, like "Halloween treats Halloween" or "Real Estate Miami Miami" - by simple repeating that word one or two more times. Maybe there are other usefull hints how to increase relevancy by legal methods?

thanks in advance.

kriss05

4. kriss05

kriss05 Active Member

I think the following feature would be very convenient as well:

there is option "page size" so it is possible to change the number of domains to display but there is no option "display all". That one could make life much easier.

kriss05

5. NameDriver

NameDriver NameDrive Staff

Hi Kriss,

Thanks for the suggestion. The only problem we have with this is that some people have 10s of thousands of domains in their account. The limit we can display on the page is 250, so if we give the option of 'display all', it would not work as we limit it to 250. We are looking to have a preferences area where you can set the default number of lines shown when you log in.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.