Domain Manage

AdSense for Domains

Discussion in 'Domain Parking - General' started by Dunk111, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunk111 United Kingdom

Dunk111 Active Member

Anyone know how to set this up for domains with 123 reg .co .uk please

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Aaron Clifford United Kingdom

Aaron Clifford Well-Known Member

Yes sure, I've just done it :).

Login to your 123reg control panel and click "View Domains", then select the relevant domain and click "Manage DNS". Scroll down to "A, CNAME and TXT records". Delete any rows that are currently there and add the following to "Add New Entry"

First Box: www
    Second Box: CNAME
    Third Box: pub-1111111111111111111.afd.ghs.google.com. (include the . after .com and change the publisher ID to your own.

Then add the following in the same way.

(First box is the @, second is the A, third is the IP address)

@ A 216.239.32.21
    @ A 216.239.34.21
    @ A 216.239.36.21
    @ A 216.239.38.21

Then log into Google Adsense, and click "Adsense Setup" then "+ Add new domains". Add the domain you have just edited and wait for the DNS to update.

I'm pretty sure that should work :)

4. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  5. ABCV United Kingdom

ABCV Active Member

Interesting, I have personally found that I am earning more money using AdSense for domains than normal parking.

6. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

I suppose it depends on the domain, like any other parking system. In my experience adsense for domains was a waste of time.
    Although, I still see the odd click and revenue from previously parked names with adsense for domains, this is on domains that are no longer using the system. I can only assume that I'm getting clicks from google cache, or waybackmachine. I was unaware that this traffic would be valid, but it's the only explanation I have

7. Webtoolkeeper

Webtoolkeeper Active Member

Adsense for domains is very very risky and low return because there is no way to promote it legally...

8. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

You don't promote "parked" domains. The parking's there to take advantage of natural type-in traffic. If you don't get any, then parking's a complete waste of effort. So from that point of view, Adsense for domains is no more/less risky than any other parking solution.

9. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

I'm still seeing impressions and the odd revenue, even although I have no domains parked with AFD any more. I can't seem to figure that one out.

10. anthony United Kingdom

anthony Well-Known Member

So for example, if you dump a couple of hundred domains over at Sedo for sale, together with a change in nameservers to Sedo, and a couple of months later, only 20 or so show any type-in traffic, it's probably best to then forward the remaining 180 domains to your own site instead, where you might do a better job of selling them yourself. They'll still be up for sale at Sedo anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.