Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Advice for newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi there

I have about 90 domain names now, made up of mainly dot coms and dot co dot uk.

I would like to somehow at least cover the registration fees and from what I have heard, something called parking is the way to do this.

Can someone give me a quick run down on what my best options are in this respect.

Many thanks

Paul

parking and mini sites

Its lot depends on what kind of domain you have...Parking is good option if you dont want to develop the site..but it only works if you have some traffic to your domain..Like if domain is typo or you are getting type-in traffic then parking works..(I have tried Sedo and parked both work fine for me,,,just try different parking sites and then figure out which is best for you)...
Other alternative is 'Mini Sites'...you can create a mini site (3 or 4 pages) and put adsense on it..it will cover your reg at least....
Good luck

Thanks sent4love

Well my domains are probably not the kind of thing people would type in so looks like the minisite idea is a good one - though would that not involve the additional cost of hosting for each mini site?

Thanks for your advice

Paul

@Chucky

Get the sharing host (like bluehost which cost just $7 per month) and upload as much minisites as you want...I am currently working on my minisites ...my aim is to get atleast 10 minisites this month..

If you haven't read minisite thread here is link Its great thread....i have learned alot from it...

Hey thanks sent4love for the great advice.

Would love to see an example of one of your minisites just to get a better idea of what a mini site looks like.

I will read the article you gave me the link for now.

Cheers

Paul

Your site is nicely geared for adsense. However, such a site i doubt will get indexed due to the lack of original content. So unless it has natural traffic, you might struggle.

My advice..............make it more user welcoming. It looks like a page after the click. Encourage the visitor to stay a while and click through rather than click back.

I have a question relating to "original content". Surely as soon as you create a site with original content, someone else can steal that content for their site? If so then you no longer have original content.

How does the search engines know who had the "original content" first?

Thanks

Paul

I have a question relating to "original content". Surely as soon as you create a site with original content, someone else can steal that content for their site? If so then you no longer have original content.

Creating good quality original content for your site is always a good idea. Hopefully the site will be about a popular subject too (check keyword data).

The search engines will normally see your site has the content first because it's invisible to others until it's been indexed for the first time.

Thanks

Paul

are there any organisation to protect us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom