Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

American PS3

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Leeroy, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leeroy United Kingdom

Leeroy Active Member

Hi chaps,

OK need a little help. I have a PS3 on its way from the USA, and was just thinking about online play when it came to me, the socket in the back where you plug your phone wire will be the bloody American version, and i am guessing the UK phone plug wont fit into the back of it.

Is there an adaptor that would allow me to do this? IE American plug into the socket with a terminal for the UK plug?

Thanks in advance,

Lee

2. stevie Spain

stevie Active Member

there is no telephone socket, it will have the same rj45 lan connection as the uk version to plug into a router etc... :)

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/PS3/Manuals

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  3. SF

SF Well-Known Member

I have UK PS3 - i get so addicted I dont get any work done. so it doesnt come on much!

If any one else has a bash at them from time to time - my id to add me is : billsburgers

4. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

I'm trying to weigh up PS3 of XBOX360 - and which to buy.

Are there any hacks out where you can save all the games to the hard drive just like the original XBOX. That was cool.

Gotta buy a big screen too. The XBOX has HDDVD and the PS3 bluray right?

5. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

The 360 is the way to go.

Halo3 is out next month and you wont be seeing me on here for a while, thats all im saying.

6. SF

SF Well-Known Member

I would not buy a 360 they are out of date now. I had one when they first came out - you need loads of add on's where by the PS3 has everything built in like wifi and everything else.

Force unleashed is comming out next month for PS3 where you play as vader bringing down whole planets with the force. :cool:

7. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Out of date? Brilliant! :)

8. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

The xbox has just a dvd drive in it. Not even the elite version thats coming out has a hddvd drive built in which means (coupled with the fact that the only big hddvd studio is Universal) that hddvd will be obselete by next year. Sony were very clever to release blu-ray drives in all PS3's with massive backing and support from all the major studios... Blu-ray is the future of HD film.

And blu-ray by the way is awesome in comparrison to dvd on a big high def lcd!

I played my 360 a bit the other day... I couldn't beleive how dated the graphics look in comparrison to the PS3 - the only problem is I dont have any games for the PS3 at the moment and the market has quite some way to go to catch up - there's has been no big releases at all... very disappointing - roll on christmas for Metal Gear Solid and Killzone!

Needless to say I will still be buying Halo 3 becasue, well, it would be rude not too! :p

Rich :cool:

9. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

That goes for me too - we'll have to swap gamertags on Live! :twisted:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.