Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

An Interesting Thread on the Current State of Affairs

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by Marcoose, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcoose

Marcoose Well-Known Member

http://trafficplanet.com/topic/2372-successful-negative-seo-case-study/

Makes you think whether this website lark is worth it, doesn't it?

I appreciate Google is a business, and can do what they want with their algo but it would be nice if for once they would consider the livelihoods of the people that allow them to be a $200 billion company - the website owners. Without us they would be nothing.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

I haven't read the whole thread yet Marcoose but, I always thought those kind of tatics talked about were common place, though to make a business model out of being a 'black-hat' in serps and seo is shocking.

It looks like it was a new member on that forum that made the initial post - perhaps wanting some bragging rights. And to name the company/site he targeted !!!

4. Marcoose

Yeah it's been going on - just think it's going to be a lot more prevalent now that it's on so many people's radar having been officially confirmed by Google. Up until now most didn't think negative SEO existed hence why they have all been hit with penalties (mass backlinking, etc)! Also many people are probably going to be thinking it's less risky/cheaper to take down their competition rather than putting thousands into ranking only to be penalised and lose everything.

... or maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I know for one thing, I won't be practising negative SEO - I can't think of anything more bastardly, oops dastardly.

5. viceroy United Kingdom

viceroy Active Member

Wow, that leaves a bad taste...

6. murph United Kingdom

murph Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. Totally sickening... dunno how, but G need to address and prevent this being possible... And FAST

7. xstu74 United Kingdom

xstu74 Active Member

Google has left the door open for neg seo more now then ever. They state that it will not effect sites well how they going to stop it? All you can do is a reconsdieration request when your site bombs which could take months lol its a joke

8. Marcoose

A VERY interesting read. Basically these guys took down SEOfaststart.com, owned by Dan Thies (top SEOer) to make a point to Google about negative SEO. This is Dan's response on the Google forum.

9. xstu74 United Kingdom

xstu74 Active Member

Yeah was some guys on blackhatworld putting googles claims to the test that it wasnt possible, all ready raining down on others as we speak. Alot of pissed of black haters declaring war

10. dazc United Kingdom

dazc Active Member

Of course it could be a clever bit of chicanery on the part of Dan to get himself on Google's white-list? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.