Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

And so it begins....

Status
Not open for further replies.

foz

Reaction score
Underlying take away from a new complaint;

I request the transfer of the domain name to my Registrar Fasthost to enable me to expand my business and register xxxxxxx.uk

and is preventing me registering xxxxxxx.uk

Tell them to pay up or shut up. :) Do they not understand capitalism?

Tell them to pay up or shut up. :) Do they not understand capitalism?

Unfortunately folk that lodge disputes will never be buyers. At the end I will have a £1,500 legal bill and the Complainant has tried their arm for £10 (plus their time).

The enticement of £200 summary decisions cannot be underestimated as a factor to try it on!

I had this happen the other day foz....

I got an enquiry offer of £25 through my website on exampledomain.co.uk i said make an offer, he wrote back and said what are you expecting? I wrote back and said please make an offer, he then wrote back what are you expecting a second time!! so at this point i decided to say please make your very best and final offer for my consideration.

here is the reply i got...

Sean,

Thank you for your emails this evening, this was my domain since 2007, I will now go through the courts to retrieve the domain and business domain name back,I have in the last 24hrs recorded every info, I have all relevant evidence to retrieve my domain name, I would like you to re consider giving it back to me, i have been in contact with relevant people today.. you must reconsider asap otherwise legal and press action will occur, i have very hard evidence to retrieve my domain back..your comments please..

-----------

that was a week ago and not heard back since..

I had this happen the other day foz....

I got an enquiry offer of £25 through my website on exampledomain.co.uk i said make an offer, he wrote back and said what are you expecting? I wrote back and said please make an offer, he then wrote back what are you expecting a second time!! so at this point i decided to say please make your very best and final offer for my consideration.

here is the reply i got...

Sean,

Thank you for your emails this evening, this was my domain since 2007, I will now go through the courts to retrieve the domain and business domain name back,I have in the last 24hrs recorded every info, I have all relevant evidence to retrieve my domain name, I would like you to re consider giving it back to me, i have been in contact with relevant people today.. you must reconsider asap otherwise legal and press action will occur, i have very hard evidence to retrieve my domain back..your comments please..

-----------

My commiserations. Constant grief and headache isn't it. Covetous people everywhere!

i had this happen the other day foz....

I got an enquiry offer of £25 through my website on exampledomain.co.uk i said make an offer, he wrote back and said what are you expecting? I wrote back and said please make an offer, he then wrote back what are you expecting a second time!! So at this point i decided to say please make your very best and final offer for my consideration.

Here is the reply i got...

Sean,

thank you for your emails this evening, this was my domain since 2007, i will now go through the courts to retrieve the domain and business domain name back,i have in the last 24hrs recorded every info, i have all relevant evidence to retrieve my domain name, i would like you to re consider giving it back to me, i have been in contact with relevant people today.. You must reconsider asap otherwise legal and press action will occur, i have very hard evidence to retrieve my domain back..your comments please..

-----------

rotflmao!

@ foz :

Does the complainant own .co.uk they want to transfer?

No. The complaint is laid against my .co.uk (4 years old), the .uk is unregistered.

Any chance of getting this complainant into the Hall of Shame? :lol:

Did they try to negotiate with you on the .co.uk? I would think if they were genius enough to draft that kind of complaint, they would have read and understood the .uk rights rule! :lol:

You may not have to fight this battle at all! :cool:

Did they try to negotiate with you on the .co.uk? I would think if they were genius enough to draft that kind of complaint, they would have read and understood the .uk rights rule! :lol:

No previous correspondence (in 4 years of my ownership). I think they understand the .uk rule, hence them laying a complaint against the .co.uk.

No previous correspondence (in 4 years of my ownership). I think they understand the .uk rule, hence them laying a complaint against the .co.uk.

The outcome deserves a permanent link on the NOMINET website as a 'guide' ;) for intending malicious complainants!

4 running complaints now. :confused:

This .uk thing has awaken the masses.

Wow - you must have sorn interesting names. Not a flicker of interest in .uk from my recent contacts.

I had a letter today (snail mail) demanding I transfer surname.uk (for zero sum) or they would commence DRS proceedings.

Lay peoples interpretation of DRS policy plus £10 filing fee = Domainer grief.

All the fees for appointing experts are paid to the experts - we do not take any money for providing this service.

So, does anyone know who these 'experts' are, how they are appointed and what credibility they have etc?

(I guess a fair few are on this forum)

Are nominet effectively washing hands of this process by using outside resource to make nasty decisions.

So if Mr Willoughby makes a decision that results in the loss of a domain, is it him that's potentially getting a good suing?

There was a list on the a nominet web site, along with an explanation. I think they apply and are considered based on merit. Tony Willoughby is the chief expert.

http://www.nominet.org.uk/disputes/...tes/how-it-works/experts-list/tony-willoughby

(from iPhone)

Under DRS I can't claim legal costs, just wondering if their is a civil way to recoup them? Is it possible to put charges against companies/entities in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom