Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Another domain lease agreement thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

afx

Reaction score
I've seen various posts on here from people requesting a domain leasing agreement together with multiple "can I have one too" thread replies. These threads are now closed and from what I can see nobody hosted this despite the repeated suggestions and obvious benefit to members here.

Can someone please PM / email the document that has been doing the rounds here and I'll throw it up somewhere and post link here for any future enquiries.

Apologies in advance if this has already been done but I don't see it.

thanks.

I paid for a proper one to be created ( and used to sell copies on http://www.hey.co.uk/domains/domain-services/domain-lease-agreement.html ) however I would advise getting one draw up specific to your circumstances.

There is obvious benefit to releasing it for free, however it doesnt encourage others in the future to do the job properly.

It would be very interesting to see if the one 'doing the rounds' is a similar copy or not :)

Just to make you aware of a slight problem regarding leasing names, if your agreement is for 3 months or over you will probably need a consumer credit license.

:(

I know a lot of people don't realise that, I certainly didn't.

Didn't know that either Graeme so thanks for the heads up. Haven't got any leased out yet but looking to do it :)

Do you know if this is the same when domains are just rented out and not leased (i.e. there is no buy-out option so it's not actually a financial arrangement)? Could be a way around it, although may be less attractive to buyers.

Didn't know that either Graeme so thanks for the heads up. Haven't got any leased out yet but looking to do it :)

Do you know if this is the same when domains are just rented out and not leased (i.e. there is no buy-out option so it's not actually a financial arrangement)? Could be a way around it, although may be less attractive to buyers.

Not sure mate, I was just seeking a contract from a semi-lawyer type in our office complex and he pointed me towards this...

http://www.oft.gov.uk/OFTwork/credit-licensing/credit-licence/requiring

It does say good but I guess domains come under that??

So not an expert on it unfortunately. All I know is that if you need something to stand up in court and you haven't got a license. It is often the case you can't enforce a contract.

Ah I see, could be wrong but reading the quote below again makes me think that the licence doesn't apply when selling to companies. Will look into it more but it may be that getting one only applies if selling to individuals :)

You are not likely to need a licence if:

• you only deal with limited companies

Ah I see, could be wrong but reading the quote below again makes me think that the licence doesn't apply when selling to companies. Will look into it more but it may be that getting one only applies if selling to individuals :)

or maybe

"you are just allowing customers to pay their bills in four or fewer instalments within a year beginning on the date of the arrangement."

I would imagine it would need looking into though by someone with some knowledge in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom