Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Any developers online? Post available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to have a brief talk with a developer who I can ask a few questions regarding a new project. I want to go through a few options as to how the site will be done and the cost involved with the potential of hiring the individual.

If you are interested shoot me a PM and we can talk via Skype or other.

Thanks
Rob

It'd be very handy if you could give a very high level overview of what you want - especially along the lines of potential budget and to give an idea of the magnitude of the project. Some devs may be available for small or short term projects, and others may prefer to look only at more substantial engagements.

If you are after design probably worth to get in touch with this guy, not sure if he's on forum, but recently bought domain of from me on Ebay seems pretty good to me ;)

here is he's site Globalize.co.uk

If you are after design probably worth to get in touch with this guy, not sure if he's on forum, but recently bought domain of from me on Ebay seems pretty good to me ;)

here is he's site Globalize.co.uk

Yeah, I mean just look at the quality of this site from his portfolio! - http://www.ustoredepot.com/

While you are at it get him to write you some content as well as he is like a poet with the English language - "Using a simple backend CMS th customer is able to update the site themselves, which is after all, putting the power back in the bhands of the owner not just the web designer :) Happy to work with you uStore Depot!"

To be fair, the ustore site was 4 years ago. He might have got better since then :)

I assumed it must be rather good, as he's site globalize.co.uk looks way better than anything I ever managed to create..

Saying that I am still somewhere in beginners classification :D

The fact here on Acorns are many very talented Web Designers, probably UK best is certain, I just thought it's worth to mention new resource. You never know, someone might find it useful ;)

Last edited:
I assumed it must be rather good, as he's site globalize.co.uk looks way better than anything I ever managed to create

You serious??? The site is a template, not even his own, and just look at that logo and how it reduces out of ratio when scrolling down the page. Not exactly a glowing example of a company to pay for services! Just look at their 'best' portfolio example http://www.ustoredepot.com/ eek!!!

Guess it's safe to say, I been concentrating on building domain portfolio and bringing in some domain sales, for past year..

Kind of like WP theme he's using for Globalize.co.uk, minus the logo thing..

Glad I have taken part in this conversation, as I am thinking of building decant site in next few months, was considering, maybe, getting in touch with this guy, as there is no way I will pick up coding myself that quickly, I think.. Plus only just figuring out very basics, how to mess around with standard (free) WP themes and plugins, my blog is example..

Comes right time I will probably open similar thread to seek developer services for right price of course :)

Last edited:
I'm always puzzled when someone offering web design services uses an off the shelf WP theme for their own site..

Because they're too busy devoloping other peoples websites and doing paid client work, instead of fussing over minor details on their own website. Trust me I know from first hand experience, my business website is at the bottom of the pile of things todo, I've already got enough client-work to deal with right now, no point in working on building a website to generate more clients/work if I'm happy with the current workload :)
--

PM me your skype if your still looking for a web-dev

Because they're too busy devoloping other peoples websites and doing paid client work, instead of fussing over minor details on their own website.

Yes, I've heard that reason given a number of times, and even found it true in a few cases. In those cases though there tends to be a single lightweight html page with contact details, not a massacred WP theme.

Yes, I've heard that reason given a number of times, and even found it true in a few cases. In those cases though there tends to be a single lightweight html page with contact details, not a massacred WP theme.
My homepage is currently a 'lightweight' html page like you said, very basic, very simple. Name, contact details - An email address and that's it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts