Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Any TalkTalk customers here getting these?

Reaction score
Just wondered if anybody else here are getting phone calls allegedly from TalkTalk but are just scammers trying to get you to fix a non existent router problem?

I've had them call twice today, but both times they've put the phone down right after I've said hello back to them. Bit disappointing really that they won't play.

Something similar was on the radio the other day...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06zh043

"....criminals appear to have accessed the details of TalkTalk engineer home visits and have gone on to use this information to trick customers...."

The earlier talk talk scam was featured too...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06nhpxq

"....Graham recorded a call from a thief who said he worked for the firm's customer services team...."

When they first called me which I think was around christmas sometime, I was pretty sure it was some type of scam as soon as they said the reason which they gave as a problem with my router which was fine, but followed along with them as I know what I'm doing.

I can't remember everything but remember I had to press the Windows button and type something in. Then they gave me a url to type in. I just typed it into google to see what results came up and it was some kind of pc repair software, obviously bogus but that's what it was. That's when I told them I'd googled the address they gave me and new they were scammers which is when they put the phone down.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom