Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Anyone use weycrest, sonnethosting or eukhost?

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by satch, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satch

satch Active Member

Im looking for a new hosting reseller who is UK based. The three i'm down to are eukhost.com, sonnethosting.co.uk and weycrest.co.uk

Does anyone have any experience of any of them?

Im after great service and reliability, not just loads of space!

2. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Well-Known Member

do your research before going with eukhost it has been suggested on another hosting forum that they have filed dormant accounts with Companies House :(

I've heard good things about weycrest, but have no experience of them

I no nothing about sonnet though.

If you want value for money service rather than pile it high sell it cheap, feel free to drop me a PM with your requirement :)

3. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

I use Weycrest for all my sites in a Cpanel reseller package.

Ive not known any downtime and the support is second to none - the owner is a member here - weycresto - drop him a PM if you have any questions.

Any support emails I have raised have been answered within the hour.

Cant fault them.

4. satch

satch Active Member

They were bottom of my list of the 3 anyway so I definitely wont go with them now. Thanks.

From what ive read about weycrest on other forums it all seems positive.

From what ive found they seem to be a smaller company but have seen nothing but positive comments about them.

Both luck a safe bet I think.

5. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Well-Known Member

From my experience running a small Internet business, if they have survived for more than a year or 2, then you should be OK as most hosting companies give up in the first 12-18 months (or when the school holidays finish :)) If the company is registered with companies house and also VAT registered, then that's a good sign that the company is serious about what they are doing and should be about for some time to come (of course it's no guarantee)

Most of our customers are also small businesses so appreciate working with another small business rather than just being a number in an account sheet.

Come back in a few months time and post your experiences to help others make an informed decision when they come to find a new host.

6. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

Sorry to raise an old thread but......

Anyone else use weycrest? I saw firestars post about their support being second to none and queries answered within the hour but I'm experiencing the exact opposite with them? I have only submitted a few queries but each time I have had to chase for any response. I logged a call on friday and am yet to get a response. Just had to chase again. I'm growing more unimpressed each time I have to log a call. Anyone else had this or is it just me? :(

I'm looking for an additional host if anyone can recommend one for small hosting or reseller.

7. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

i use krystal hosting,good service,very helpful when needed,i have had down time but they were changing server,and one was self inflicted(cookies dohh!!!),but they do reply fast and i know a few on here that use them.

mark

8. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

thanks mark I'll take a look.

9. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

My main host (other then dedi's and yank bandwidth monsters) is Evo Hosting http://clients.evohosting.co.uk/aff.php?aff=060 (Aff Link) never had any issues with them.

Support is rapid, Tim the owner and Toby the tech are always reachable is normal support can't sort it out for you, one of them is usually on MSN for quick Questions.

In the last 3 yrs or 4 years, there have only really been 3 downtimes, 1 was hard drive failure, and 2 was server replacements, there have been the odd few minutes of downtime when the server has needed a reboot due to recompiles and stuff like that, but its rare.

They are not as such the cheapest but I believe its worth paying an extra few quid for quality.

Servers are hosted in the UK and MINIMUM spec is Dual Quad Core (8 Cores), 8gb Ram, and Raid 5 Hard Drive Arrays, so the machines are beefy.

[​IMG]

The above is the only banner I got but shows you can idea of a high end package, which is on a special offer now with Unlimited Bandwidth.

Enter the discount code Gimme10 for an Extra 10% off too.

Also if you contact tim and the gang explain your unhappy with your current host, he's also willing to give upto 6 months free on transfers so you don't lose money with your existing hosting, and Evo will even transfer your files, databases, etc if using Cpanel so you don't have.

Take a look around the site :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.