Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Anyone Voted in the Election Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'll be doing this shortly, just having a read of the various manifestos. It's good to make use of your vote.

Rgds

Yes, and have tried to give Mr Brown his P45 personally :)

Nowt like abit of direct action!

I won't be voting at all this election: I'm on a postal vote and missed the send in by day - and you can't just turn up at a polling station. So I missed my chance :(

I'm going to cancel my postal vote because the day of the election is so well broadcast, I'm unlikely to forget next time around.

I hate the lot of them anyway. Expenses anyone?

Yes, and have tried to give Mr Brown his P45 personally :)

Nowt like abit of direct action!

Amen to that, and as my mother taught me as well... 'never trust a man with thin lips!"

Labour lost my vote as soon as they pushed through the 'Digital Disaster Bill' in the wash-up period.

S

I won't be voting at all this election: I'm on a postal vote and missed the send in by day - and you can't just turn up at a polling station. So I missed my chance :(

I think you can just take your postal vote to the polling station,
However, on election day you can return you postal vote to the polling station (before 10pm) or to your the Returning Officer at your local council (before they close) if you do not want to post it or it is too late to post it. Contact the Returning Officer at your local council to find out where your polling station is.
http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/faq/voting_by_post.aspx

You can walk into any polling station and hand over your postal vote form. I've just done exactly that!

Cool - thanks for the info. It doesn't say anything like that on the polling card, so I'll check it out.

Kind regards, Luke

edit: Yep - can take it with me to the local polling station - so we're off right now. Cheers.

Last edited:
You still need to sign the form, add your D.O.B and get it ready in the envelope etc as if you were posting it but then the polling stations have a specific bag to collect hand delivered postal votes.

There's still time ;)

I won't be voting at all this election: I'm on a postal vote and missed the send in by day - and you can't just turn up at a polling station.

Nope - can hand it in at a polling station!

Go vote!!!

I'm on my way to vote for the 'Monster Raving Looney William Hill Party'. Dunno who Jill (wife) will vote for.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Cheers, Luke

Just back from the Polling Station now ... hopefully it will be a good turnout.

Rgds

Missed my chance to vote - never sorted postal vote in time and out of the country.

The joke is it would be so easy to add voting to government gateway setup which you can do just about everything on, tax, vat etc. But I guess Liebor like the antiqated system and the postal system is also great for vote rigging.

http://www.localgov.co.uk/index.cfm?method=news.detail&id=88552
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_midlands/4406575.stm
http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=1157

I find it extraordinary that any sentient being could possibly vote for Labour.

If Brown and co are allowed to continue, there's no telling how much more damage they will do. People would look back on the first 13 years of terror as the good old days.

Last edited:
This is the first election I’ve been of voting age and as yet I have no political affiliation, therefore I have a fairly neutral perspective and have given everything quite a lot of thought and read all the manifestos. It really annoys me that people are backing parties ‘because they always have’ or because they think their party knows best when they haven’t even researched it. Maybe it’s because I’m new and I’ll eventually get set in my ways, but after lots of consideration I’ve noticed that they’re all fairly similar and there are so many cracks in the policies.

Despite this negativity I’ve now voted by proxy and it will be interesting to see what happens. My area has been conservative for a very long time (Oakham and Melton) with Alan Duncan, but there seems to be a lot of protest about everything he has said and done recently. Having said that this area is very anti labour so I am interested to see how this goes, especially as it’s my first proper look into politics. Maybe I should place bets.

... It really annoys me that people are backing parties ‘because they always have’ or because they think their party knows best when they haven’t even researched it...

What about persons? Like not a party but MP you know for years and think that he is a good person. Have you ever thought about voting for a particular MP not a party ;)

My MP is retiing at this election. He is Douglas Hogg AKA the man with the moat.

Apparently he still believes it was right that his employers (us) should pay to clean his moat out :mad:

So I have two reasons to vote. To rubber stamp both Gordon Brown's and Douglas Hogg's P45s!

yes i was looking at the register of candidates and shocked none of them live within 40 miles of their constituent....

yes thanks brown/blair i hope you get an absolute thumping.....

£25k for my missus to get an education

unregulation of banks signed by then chancellor ....Mr Brown

and unregulation of rrp on food....again Mr Brown (but don't mention the backhander from Tesco) my shopping bill has risen about 110%

A large proportion of votes are to all intent and purposes ineffective anyway, as the safe seats are always going to go the same way.

Our MP Shaun Woodward was drafted in to this safe seat when he defected from the Tory party when they disgracefully sacked him for supporting the repeal of Section 28. David Cameron took over in his old Witney seat straight afterwards. Contrary to what you would expect, Woodward doesn't take his pay as a minister, so whatever people might think in our area, as expertc is hinting at, I'm voting for my MP because of his principles.

Knock Labour by all means, but remember that they put the money into hospitals and schools, etc as promised, which the Tory government left to rot. Brown might not be the most polished or even endearing of men, but if we wake up tomorrow morning with Cameron as PM, then the austerity measures will be all the more painful for the majority of people than they ever would have been under Labour, mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom