Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Anywhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all

Is there any other site that has droplists with or without details of each domain?

I used to use why think, unwanted domain names altho both very good sites dont see to be the same as they used to, is there any other sites to find names that have been reg`d before with history. as i`ve spent hours typing in random words into numerous sites to find out different info with no luck.

how do/did all you domainers get find out about your best domains?

thanks for any help

looks good but its £50.00 a month to see the droplist, maybe this is why my names arnt so good...

Most people who provide drop lists do so at a cost as its alot of time and effort to build them.

The average is £30-50 per month, prob won't get them (in advance) for much less than that, there is a site that currently offers them for free but they are withdrawing them, sadly.

Admin posts lists of the day (towards the end of the day), that are still worth a look :)

thanks for the advice, i got to the point of thinking of words during the day, getting home and checking to see if they have bin reg`d/got traffic,ect. i guess its the next step, paying for droplists. cheers again.

Business model for someone:

Anyone thought of selling droplists £30?, perhaps a 2wk period and throw in a free catch for that period - therefore people who havent got lists get something to browse and tempt!

any other catches off the list they pay another £30? This keeps people hooked in on a bi weekly basis or monthly - what ever suitable. gives you more stable revenue.

someone could point out to me who does this?? or the fact that nominet dont like droplist selling??? :)
discount rates for me!

Business model for someone:

Anyone thought of selling droplists £30?, perhaps a 2wk period and throw in a free catch for that period - therefore people who havent got lists get something to browse and tempt!

any other catches off the list they pay another £30? This keeps people hooked in on a bi weekly basis or monthly - what ever suitable. gives you more stable revenue.

someone could point out to me who does this?? or the fact that nominet dont like droplist selling??? :)
discount rates for me!

£30 AND a free catch? anyone still in business after that?

Will someone kick me in the nuts please ? I'm in major danger of agreeing with Lee.

However thats £60 per month and 2 catches, at the moment you can get that for £82 so its not much more than that. However that would only work for people that already offer public facing scripts like DropSys and Caught, otherwise it would reduce catch rates to bugger all for anyone who catches for themselves.

well you could work out the finances :rolleyes:

just saying that if people can see the lists then they have to be more likely to book a slot rather than the odd random every now and again?

They buy the list for a small period of time and then have a drop to book if available - if not the dropcatcher got paid anyway, and they arent credit - if you want a slot the month after you need to buy the list again. With a list in front of them - they must be more likely to book 2+?

After years of running as a free service, Unwanted-Domain-Names.co.uk is now commerical but it's only £10 a month. We offer a 3 day free trial so that you can decide if the service is worth paying for or not.

If you sign up for 6 months the monthly fee works out at just £7 a month . . . . hardly a lot. I've just posted details of all 1495 domains that dropped yesterday that I'm aware of here so you can see what you get:

1495 domains dropped on 25/03/2009

We're also tracking Google PR and Alexa rank too now although the PR isn't yet being shown on the site as the data is incomplete.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom