Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

appraisal of one-word .co.uk's?

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by whannel, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whannel

whannel Member

Anyone able to guess/appraise the value of a one word .co.uk that is available to register.
    It's a slightly relevant word to a potentially large area of online sales shopping etc, but is quite a rare word so dont know whether to bother with it...
    Just if anybody could give a rough price guide to one word .co.uk's would help, cheers in advance.

2. domainseller200 United Kingdom

domainseller200 Well-Known Member

£0-£1 million ;)

sorry but without knowing the name it is impossible - however my gut instinct tells me that if it is free to reg, it won't be that good of a name as a one word generic. Feel free to pm me if you want :)

3. retired_member17

retired_member17 Banned

If it's one word and available, it's worth more than the 2 year reg fee, most of the time. As long as it's not to complicated or hard to remember.

4. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Be wary of random dictionary words that are a nightmare, altho they are dic words they have no real use like bulked.co.uk and puddling.co.uk.

5. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

@ Skinner, what's wrong with bulked.co.uk?

Could be used for a body building site/forum, or for associated bodybuilding foods/supplements etc.

I concede puddling.co.uk to you :D

[edit]

6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Bear in mind that this is a domaining forum, so the less scrupulous might register the domain when you tell them it if it's any good. Best to use your own judgement on whether it's worth the £7 or so to register, and then ask if it's worth anything afterwards.

Rgds

7. Skinner

Bulked is available.

I do the 'radio test' I phone 10 people and say "Spell Bulked", it failed, it was also the fact bulked is the after effect of bulking which wasnt good.

8. wazmackenzie

wazmackenzie Member

disease.co.uk

ok, so how bout disease.co.uk and nuke.co.uk how much they worth? im a noob

9. Skinner

My opinion is Disease is a hard word to spell and so many people get it wrong, try my radio test, phone 5 people and ask them spell it, many put diesease, others desease, others disese, but sure someone can offer better if you make its own thread, there are a few people who buy med domains on the foum :)

Nuke on the other hand, is going to be worth more, as its easier to spell and brandable.

On these forums remember your not selling end user prices, think more wholesale prices :)

I'd make their own threads in the right area fr more details estimates, I'd say your expectation of 8k on disease is very optimistic even of an end user price.

Take a look around http://www.domainprices.co.uk for some ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.