Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Apprentice star Khadija Kalifa spent £23,000 on domain names for her new soft play café firm

Also great to see there is absolutely no mention of the actual domains.

From the article link in the OP:

The best money decision you have made?

You might think it was going on The Apprentice, but it was actually paying £23,000 to buy the internet domain names fullofbeans.co.uk and fullofbeans.com. People might think I'm crazy, but when you have a vision, you know it's worth it.

She clearly opted against brand protection for fullofbeans.uk, though. :D

From the article link in the OP:

Was more of a comment on the quality of the Lincolnite article skipping what you'd think a key part of a story is.

Was more of a comment on the quality of the Lincolnite article skipping what you'd think a key part of a story is.

Ahh, sorry!

From my understanding, it was a new start business - she could have chosen any name she wanted?

From my understanding, it was a new start business - she could have chosen any name she wanted?

And that's the name she chose so the domain names have value to her.

Value is subjective - what is terrible to you is perfect for another.

Not sure if everyone is aware but "full of beans" is an expression meaning lively, especially in relation to children. I hadn't heard it before I met my wife who is from Yorkshire but it's quite common up North, people will say it when they see their child running around with a big smile on their face etc. So I think it's a good name for this kind of business. Not sure if it was worth paying for the .com which presumably cost more than the .co.uk, but whoever it is probably has dreams of expanding out to the US so maybe (although I'm not sure if the expression is well known over there).

If they are from "the apprentice" can we agree that we mean that whoever they are they're not a star. Plebrity, perhaps....
Agreed and I have never heard of this person anyway. But then I stopped watching the Apprentice years ago having tired of the format. It was blatantly obvious they kept setting the contestants up for a fall in each task and then had a go at them in the board room.

Agreed and I have never heard of this person anyway. But then I stopped watching the Apprentice years ago having tired of the format. It was blatantly obvious they kept setting the contestants up for a fall in each task and then had a go at them in the board room.
Absolutely. Annoying contestants, children mostly, lord sugar daddy isn't funny anymore so they have some unoriginal and unfunny scripted gags from him, nothing original. I also agree that they are set up for a fall, but it's worse than that imho - they don't set the stage for them to do anything of any use or worth, nor do they have enough time to do anything useful. They just want pointless arguments and to pretend that sugar pants cares that it was shite.

Have they done the episode where they come up with a shit name and design a bad logo in 3 minutes with spelling/grammar mistakes yet? Or the one where they have an "interview" about their pointless made up air head businesses... give me strength!!

Last edited:
The show is unwatchable these days sadly. Time something better was made to inspire the next generation to create something, rather than get famous. Dragons Den remains watchable for instance.

(And yes, I'm aware of the phrase "full of beans." It's still a crap name for a soft play!)

It is also a play in the word beans as it is a cafe

I hadn't twigged that actually (coffee or baked), but I just feel that sometimes people try too hard to be clever with wordplaym rather than focusing on tying together a relevant and memorable brand.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom