Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Are org.uks / uk.coms in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

long time no see, long time no trade.

I have done a bit of trading (5-6 domains, I sold a pair of co.uks), but that's not my main business.

I was searching for brandable dot com domain, working on my new project, and after reging my first choice (was free), i decided to look up a couple of uk domains.

We all know Google made changes to their Keyword tool - what's the big thing after exact matches? Are you guys looking at the local searches that Google (plus prolly their partners) are getting?

Is there any game with org.uks and uk.coms? I mean, I spent also quite a lot of time reading the forums, so org.uk's are loved by Google, but still that's not the idea behind the .org abbreviation, and it looks a bit different when among the results. I'm talking solely about domains about products with either 1 or 2 words, and above 20k searches as of KT.

I'm not looking to get rich (should have made a couple of regs back in 1998/9), but I have always been working on a couple of fronts, if you get me.

Thanks and yall stay beautiful.

Hi Pirosog, I don't know why the others have not answered, so I will try to help.

Firstly, .uk.com should be avoided. Its not an official country code top level domain (ccTLD)

With .org.uk s, now that Google has remove the exact match advantage that extension has little going for it. Very occasionally you see a .org.uk sale and I suppose the very best .org.uk will retain some value. You may be able to add value to sub-prime .org.uk s by developing them into website.

What do others here think?

Exact match value hasn't entirely disappeared, it's just so much harder to convince G you have a worthy site to reap the benefit! As a result, the time, effort and money you have to throw at a site doesn't warrant a .org.uk as there's no larger scope for branding.

.uk.coms are sub domains of uk.com, so never really a 'domain', just a sub domain.

.org.uk are still handy, especially if you find ones with the right history.

If I was pinned into using on or other for a new site, I would use the .org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom