Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Article submission - is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thinking about writing articles with a link to my site and submitting them to article directories.

Trouble is that they get hit by Googs duplicate content penalty. So it may be a fair short term strategy but will it work long term? Anyone had long term success with article submission?

I would avoid using the articles you distribute on your own site,

Or re-word and re-phrase the article until its “clean”

Try Copyscapes premium text search its $5 for 100 searches and scans the web for plagiarism,

You have to be a bit careful. The search engines may see duplicate content and decide the article on the submission site is the original, it can have a negative effect on your page.

If you can write new content (or even just reword existing content) it will be a lot safer.

To answer the original question, the article will probably get distributed in a few places as scrapers pick it up, so you may end up feeding the competition as well as yourself. If it's a high interest area and a good article you'll get some traffic. But it'll fade fairly quickly and the SEO improvement results haven't been spectacular for me.

Top tip is - invent a phrase and repeatedly use it in the article as a major thing - make sure you've already got a page optimised for that phrase in the engines, and then no matter where the article appears when readers search on that phrase they'll come to you.

Hope this helps,
WR

I would not do this, google will see this as dup and you will get a ticking off! Instead keep the good stuff you write and link bait / provide fresh good content on your site.

For article submission , write less engaging content (noone ever reads it, you only want the link) and I would "spin" each article by writing them out 3 times and changing the content by at least 30-40% for each paragraph. Some sites allow you to have 2 links in the body others only allow a link in the footer or resource box, its best to rotate and change your ancor text with each article , so it will seem less spammy.

Write specific articles for submission but don't copy verbatim and re publish, if anything, write a follow up or expand further on your own site. Depending on your niche and where you are submitting it can definitely be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom