Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Automatic backup software

mat

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a WD passport running the software that it came with, but I am finding that it does not work as I really wanted.

I only really backup daily to the passport in case my computer has a problem so bad that I need to format everything and reinstall Windows.

Yesterday that happened and when trying to get my data restored I found it was a far harder job than expected. I found that I could not simply just restore the files back, but had to manually go onto a certain part of the hard drive and drag and drop my files back which were mixed in with older saved files etc.

I simply want software that allows me to backup and restore from my Windows user folder even after I have had to format or say I want to restore to another computer. I am not backing up loads of stuff, just important spreadsheets and documents etc.

When I bought the hard drive I guess I was expecting that it would just automatically do the job of what I was previously doing manually each week onto a usb stick. I just want the files, non encrypted mirrored onto the external hard drive.

I am happy with software which does far more, as I may also want to take a Full Disk Image Backup once a week or something as well if this will make it easier for me to restore my computer when it fails.

I was looking at Acronis True Image but saw quite a few bad reviews for the latest 2016 product.

I use an old version of Acronis, if you search the forum around black friday there were some indepth conversation :)

Second for Synology, I have a few of them.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom