Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Banned from adwords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone else been banned from using adwords,

They sent me a voucher I used it then they banned me because they said codes cannot be used on another accounts or traded, I know I had a few accounts for each website so not to sure which site this voucher was for.

Seems abit harsh, emailed them but they wont do anything about it, annoying as it was a £100 voucher, never more annoying is yesterday they went me another one.

Thought you're only allowed one account bud?

They banned me once, but managed to appeal. I started a new franchise and setup a few local adwords to my affiliate link - they banned me because the franchise companies url had been banned! - Luckilly I hadn't received any clicks! - Odd

I know I had a few accounts for each website so not to sure which site this voucher was for.

That's the issue then isn't it?
I didn't think you could/should have more than one Google account?

Im not sure im sure you must be able to have a different one for each website right? as they are classed a different business right?

Well if im wrong im wrong not the end of the world just annoying as its £100 voucher

They must check the who is as well these days as I did a test and setup another one with a differnt domain and used the parents address but they banned that one to

Last edited:
I've got a couple accounts each spending ~£100 a day for about three years with no problems. I'm sure I've spoken to a rep about it and they said it's fine. Might be worth phoning them.

Suppose I could phone them and have a chat as they have sent me £200 worth of vouchers I cant use, anyone know the best number for them for the people I need to speak to?

Ooo yes I had to endure this bullshit recently too LOL

got my account re-activated tho.

Google want you to have an MCC but not multiple accounts. They dislike that and their Borg drone staff just flick the kill switch at will it seems so best play by the rules if you want to live in the Google monopoly.

That said the support staff in Dublin were really really good at helping me fix this issue as even to them the reasons for my account being suspended were just plain daft! Credit where its due.

If you have done nothing wrong then pick up the phone and plead innocence :)

Lol Im pretty good at that, I will be giving them a call at some point today, cant send you codes and bann you from using them lol

cant send you codes and bann you from using them lol

LOL enjoy that ;)

I think you'll find they will have a different interpretation of "cant" and "why" they nuked you lol

What kills is the semi-abusive email you get when they suspend you...

"you are banned from adwords now and in the future. Any other accounts linked to your account may also be suspended"

harsh....v harsh.

Yea very harsh

This was an email response I got when I ask why this week, remember that they sent me the voucher code to me, I did not ask for it at all they just sent it to me because I hadnt been using adwords

"We've reviewed your account and found that it unfortunately doesn't comply
with the following promotional credit requirements:

- The promotional coupon is non-transferable and may not be sold or
bartered.
- One promotional credit per customer.
- A promotional code can only be used in the territory where it's
originally distributed."

They're annoying. Used adsense and adwords for years but was forced to open a new MCC account (almost identical to my current adwords account) just to apply for a developer token. Needless to say it's been over a month now waiting for approval. Wouldn't be surprised if I get into trouble for multiple accounts that they *made* me set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom