Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Best & Worst search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What is the current state of play with search engines. Obviously Google are the dominant leader................but where would you place the rest ? In particular, where is MSN at the moment?

MSN for example will list a site under UK only, but not on a global search. What are the ways around this?

What foreign language search engines are worth considering?

Lastly, anyone know of directions that Google are going in, perhaps with mobile phone technology?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hi Scottj,

Thanks for the link. I have looked around the web for a while. MSN in particular has a forum for webmasters, with many members suggesting that MSN and submission problems are inconsequential , as the search engine is ‘yesterday’. Some of the other larger search engines seem to take their info direct from Google.

Perhaps there are others on this forum that may have a view……..perhaps with their ‘finger on the pulse’.

Thanks

I was in SES Toronto this year and somebody from UK said Google's share in the search market is close to 90% so if you are tageting UK audiances it doesnt worth it to optimizae for the other engine, in Japan Yahoo is the leader, in north America especially USA Yahoo still has some good share

Hi toronto-seo,

What you say is interesting and closer to what we have been hearing. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Interesting, I only use google for search and only ever bother submitting to google or MSN now for submissions. This made me have a look again at Yahoo, must be five years since I did, have to say was impressed with the search results, much better than goole, less dross, vast improvement :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom