Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

BestManSpeeches.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

edo

Reaction score
Be interested to hear what people think of my new site BestManSpeeches.co.uk

Specifically, how you think I can improve it.

Cheers,

Ed

1. Too much grey on your site. I would change the header and footer bar color.
2. Add a favicon as well

Overall the site looks great and loads fast. Good luck on the sales :)

I read through silentg's post and imagined that I'd click on something featuring John Majors grey Spitting Image puppet. The site actually looks really nice. £9.95 might sound a lot, but when you factor in the FEAR of actually being asked to deliver a best man's speech, really it isn't.

Thanks. Do you think £9.95 is a lot? I was hoping people might see that as quite cheap!

Ed
It sounds a bit cheap for what you are offering. Would it be worth trying a basic product at that price and a full hand-holding version for £25, say.
Probably some people would like a bit of help, but there must be many more who would pay a bit more for more help.
Maybe they could supply the basic information, and you could more or less write it for them?
Regards
Bruce

Cheers Bruce. Yeh, I do wonder if £9.95 is too cheap. It's a tricky balance of wanting to appeal to the mass market, but also not giving the impression it's something I knocked up in a day (more like 2 months!).

I think some people will want their speech written or edited but having done that job in the past, it's a real time-killer and not worth my while unless I charge hundreds of pounds. That's why I set up the course, so that people could do it themselves without shelling out a decent whack of money, plus it would kind of be set-and-forget at my end.

I guess the only answer is to split-test. Conversion optimisation is something I need to get into anyway as I think long-term it'll be more important than SEO.

Ed

I really like it looks like a great site + service. You should do an affiliate program as it's a nice thing to promote on wedding sites.

Thanks Nick. Am waiting to see how many sales and at what price I can bring in before dipping my toe into the affiliate/Clickbank market. Again, it kind of comes back down to price. I don't see many Clickbankers wanting to promote a product at £9.95, but then perhaps no one would buy it at £19.95/£29.95. Only time and testing will tell.

It would be a no-brainer for me (promoting it) at 14.95 or 19.95 as an affiliate and I'm sure you'll have a large number of sales as it's a great niche service with little competition (as far as I know) and really would add quality/service to existing wedding sites.

Thanks Nick. Am waiting to see how many sales and at what price I can bring in before dipping my toe into the affiliate/Clickbank market. Again, it kind of comes back down to price. I don't see many Clickbankers wanting to promote a product at £9.95, but then perhaps no one would buy it at £19.95/£29.95. Only time and testing will tell.

I think it could be 39.99-49.99 easily.

Its a pressure thing for lots of men and as its a one off with the chance of repeat business slim. Go for a decent price.

And the main reason I'm posting. A place where we women can buy our partners a speech and say that's what your best man is saying is what every bride would love lol

A bride dreads the best mans speech, so market it to women too and you could be quids in.

Wasn't there someone on dragons den that offered this business idea a few years back. I thought it was good then.

Agree with Caz, keep the price high.

Somewhere between £25 - £50 for different levels perhaps.

It is small money in the grand scheme of wedding costs.

Nice looking site, and a really clever use of grey tones, I like it.

What about adding some funny and disastrous best man speech youtube clips?

Last edited:
I've just taken a quick poll here at swimming and a couple of the other mums actually said that they would make their intended pay for the service as a nice gesture for the best man.

So the groom would when asking his best man to be his best man, say I've bought you this to help you.

Like a gift to them and knowing that they won't be rubbish for the video lol

Mr marketing (my partner) who is always muscling in on my posts reckons that you should have an associated site.

A place where people can buy other peoples best man speeches. You get people to submit best man speeches and you sell them. Offer people the opportunity to earn part of your revenue and there is a good business model there. It would attract writers who just want to make money also.

You should be able to get more publicity this way as more angles covered.

Can see you sat with Phil and fern talking about it now lol

Thank you to the person above who mentioned clickbank. I've just saw their site and loved it.

@nick279 Thanks. Am definitely thinking of upping the price to £19.95.

@caz. Appreciate you asking all the mums at swimming! Some very good ideas there and hopefully I can enact some of them if the site takes off.

@mojoco I like the idea of posting disasterous best man speeches. Problem with posting good ones is people may think that's enough just to watch them and be less likely to buy my product.

@accelerator Same as above :)

I also think you could up your conversion rate significantly if you put a video up that pitched the product offering.

Rgds

Overall i think it's a great site and idea. Two things that spring out at me are the GREY and LOW PRICE.

Regarding the GREY. Overall the design and layout looks great. However, it's very grey. Helps draw attention to the order button of course but definitely needs a little more colour to warm it up. I'd add a little colour to the 3 graphics: Structure, Write & Deliver - not the text, just the 3 images. Also, the logo could do with a little colour....maybe.

Second thing is the low price. I'd double the price to £19.95. Existing price seems too cheap to me.

You could maybe offer a 'review/edit your speech service' on the backend which would be a lot less work than a full writing.

Be good to show 2 videos on your homepage. One of a good speech and "a real stinker". With a "don't let this be you" warning.

I'd go big on the fear factor as that's probably the biggest emotional trigger you've got up your sleeve.

Great site though!

Thanks for the feedback Bougatsa. All good advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom