Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Betinplay.org.uk - Newbie made his first catch

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by topcat, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topcat United Kingdom

topcat Active Member

Hello,

I have just caught this domain but it is the first domain I have caught and really I have no idea if it's worth the registration cost. I got it to test the dropcatching system more than anything else, but would appreciate any feedback.

Is it worth anything?

Thanks

2. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

NO GO

'Bet in play' in an.org.uk. . you'd have to be looking for residual traffic from the term in use (and I haven't looked)

Edited Now I've looked The .com has a lead for bet365 and nothing else (that's a nothing then) with a facebook following (probably self inflicted) of what ? 36. The .co.uk isn't even resolving.

Time to find a new interest

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  3. mally United States

mally Well-Known Member

Somebody had it booked at domain monster,

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

At first I glanced at it and thought it looked ridiculous, but then I did a Google and took a look at Google Keyword Tool and it looks a little better. The term gets 590 exacts with a very high CPC, and it seems to be an accepted term to describe betting while a football (or other sports) match has already started.

Countering that, it's only 590 and it's a .org.uk.

Overall, I'd say it's a decent enough start for a name that you're also testing your system with, but it's not likely to break into £xxx territory on DomainLore.

5. Marcoose

Marcoose Well-Known Member

Reg fee. Although CPC is good, searches are low and you're very unlikely to rank above Bet365. Even if you were no1 for that keyword, expect maybe 2-3 visits a day and to convert 2-3 of these a month... imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.