Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Bitcoin miners wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am looking for Bitcoin mining devices, can be anything from USB miners to mining rigs.

Please contact me via PM, payment can be made via UK bank transfer, Paypal, International bank transfer, Skrill, BTC, LTC.

Not looking to pay Ebay prices.

Thank you.

Did you get hold of anything? you would need a serious bit of kit and free electric to make it worth while.

Yes you sure do even with the best equipment you would be at a loss unless you have free electric. ..

Just out of interest

I'm assuming mining has to be a constant thing to keep bitcoin working?

Who is mining atm since it seemingly costs more to mine than you get back?.

I only mine PPCoin now, I used to mine bitcoin a long time ago then moved into litecoin for a short time but that's getting harder now.

As far as I know it is mostly mined in "pools" these days. You need a serious ASIC processor power to do it. The silly ebay USB things are worthless. I use to know a chap, who managed to put few old PC's together to daisy-chain processor power but that was couple of years ago. Real equipment should be (is?) expensive to get and expensive to run.

Last edited:
If you realistically work it out, the difficulty of mining now is ridiculous it will take you a month to get something like 0.0001 bitcoin (even with a powerful high end PC or ASIC miner). You then have the cost of the mining device to get back plus your electricity costs.

Mining is not worth it any more, stick to buying and selling bitcoins

-Harry

Not got a bitcoin miner yet - should arrive today 2 x USB versions.

Just my take on it all....

I have classed my investment in the USB devices as the running of them a bit of a lottery ticket that lasts until 2150 so maybe like Premium Bonds. So a bit of fun and a small investment.

If or once I get one to me they'd be like shares in a company where I can sell at the right price or keep them and risk to lose or gain.

I see part been sheer power of the devices but also see a bit of luck there too ;)

From what I have looked at, it makes no sense in investing in mining equipment at this moment in time (Especially for bitcoins)

I saw 7ghz butterfly labs miners on ebay for about £500, completed a few calculators, would take over two years at the current difficulty to breakeven with hardware costs. The difficulty is an on going changing factor so that time will constantly change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom