Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Blogging software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,
im looking to start a blog or 2 can anyone point me in the right drection for the best seo friendly software for this. Im a blogging newbie.

Thanks

Robert

Thread Moved > Website Design

In answer to your question I would definately go for WordPress. :)

Rich :cool:

I would say WordPress as well.

If you don't want the hassle of an install, you want free hosting, and you don't mind not having the physical copy of your data, then blogger.com is a possible too.

Yip, Wordpress is amazing, and there's plenty of SEO plugins for it. :)

Pre-Installed Blog Support

I too have a couple of domains i wish to use for blogging, but was wondering about transferring them to a suitable ISP who already has blogging software installed & ready to use (i'm a blogging newb, don't want the hassle on installing & learning Wordpress, plus any database stuff!).

There are a variety of text & pdf documents to upload to run with the blog, and naturally the calender function needs to be clear & simple.

Any recommendations who'd be best to use would be appreciated, cheers.

Yeah, I'd recommend Wordpress too... you get stuff like textpattern which is nice but a lot harder to get into shape - Wordpress isn't perfect, but it is quite easy to skin and get looking individual.

Don't use windows hosting, use Linux as windows servers need a rewrite program to have SEO friendly links. see here
Wordpress is a doddle to install, if you need any help just shout. I use Krystal Hosting which works well.

• Create a DB with the wizard setup
  • Create a User as an option after above
  • Edit config.php file to match above (change a word that says password and a word that say user name)
  • Upload files with any Plug-ins you might use. (All in one SEO Pack is a must have)
  • Goto you URL. Setup runs it self. (make note of UN and PW)
  • Login & Fill out your Blog info (Title, email address etc)

Bobs your uncle and Fanny's your Aunt

And word press in the right hands can be undetectable and made into any design you want. But i get you just going to be blogging - Reg'd BloggingAlong.co.uk this week :)

Last edited:
With some of the newer cms style templates for WP 2.3+ it's easy to get a CMS style site:

revolutiontheme.com & wp-remix.com amongst the best

S

Wordpress the best solution has lots of resources available to make your blog look different....

Agree. Wordpress is the best choice for you. Having your own domain and lots of cool additional features.

If you find a host with cpanel and fantastico installed, you can install wordpress, and about 100 other programs with 3 clicks of your mouse :)

I have a reseller account in place, for me to set all mine on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom