Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DomainLore Auction Books.org.uk - No reserve! Will Sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Books.org.uk

No Reserve
£50 start
Someone will be new owner in 4 days time!

110,000 Local Monthly exacts.

Imo the best .org.uk to come onto market in years
Frankly knocks spots off most .co.uk :cool:
The .co.uk would be 7 figures 'if' for sale imo

Don't miss out

http://domainlore.co.uk/auctions/gems_id/1886

Def one to keep an eye on, got a feeling that this will be one of the biggest sales in the DL history

Bold move - any guesstimates from the 'hoi pol-loi' ?

Guy, if you were to accept PayPal, I might bid this up. No access to UK BACS from where I am, but would be happy to pay PP fees if I were to bid and win it. Current bid as I write is £391. Please PM me lively as I am in transit tomorrow. (Sorry Ben!)

Books.org.uk
The .co.uk would be 7 figures 'if' for sale imo

I doubt the .co.uk would be worth 7 figures. How many other similar .co.uk domains have sold for 7 figures? Maybe low 6 figures.

Nice domain and as others have said, good luck. Will probably stick a bid in depending on how high it goes...

Def one to keep an eye on, got a feeling that this will be one of the biggest sales in the DL history

I don't think it will beat YorkshireDales.co.uk at £10,000 or Calculator.co.uk at £9,100 (think they are the highest).

Bold move - any guesstimates from the 'hoi pol-loi' ?

Could be well out, but guesstimate from me is around £3,500.

I'd go for £4,000 or thereabouts as the final price. Perhaps a little less. Can't see it going higher, but fingers crossed for you!

Difficult to rank for, but of course a great domain. People view of .org.uk's seems to be shifting, so who knows. A few thousand plus, I'd have thought.

No reserve, auction, do not miss out.
Highest bidder takes all.
Get your bid in so you don't miss out.

I ran an auction on acorn a couple weeks ago and bidding was at least six times higher than it is now. And had higher private offers before.
This is a true premium product domain, .com and .co.uk impossible to buy.

www.domainlore.co.uk

Last edited:
Just 24 hours left

Do not miss this opportunity, get your bids in

Surely it's a xx,xxx name and I have no idea why Denys judged it as an "hidden gem" and therefore depriving you of 2 extra auction days??? Good luck with it!

Surely it's a xx,xxx name and I have no idea why Denys judged it as an "hidden gem" and therefore depriving you of 2 extra auction days??? Good luck with it!

That's a very good point. I know it's a .org.uk but in terms of appeal and value it's up there in the top 2% of anything that's appeared on domainlore. It'll be really interesting to see what it goes for, and how it pans out for the buyer.

I was surprised as well, when I sold gadgets.org.uk and clothes.org.uk on DL they were started on the homepage.

I was surprised as well, when I sold gadgets.org.uk and clothes.org.uk on DL they were started on the homepage.

What did they both sell for, if you don't mind me asking?

yes, i did suggest this politely to Denys but he strikes me as someone who doesn't respond well to criticism :cool:

if there is any domain that can get first page google uk for the term, this is it
110,000 monthly exacts!
impossible to buy .co.uk or com
com is without doubt in millions
.co.uk guys, underground, don't strike me as ever selling, only buying, and they would want a kings ransom

i have contacted endusers, including them, booktrust, penguin, amazon etc
but no endusers seem to have turned up yet. they are like oil tankers though, except they take months/years to halt, change direction etc.

new owner will prob get contact from them knowing my luck lol

the action will start early tomorrow evening, i would think
although auction finished around 7pm

i also feel the extension suits perfectly

if sledges can sell for mid xx,xxx!

anyways, i deliberately started at £50 no reserve as I am confident what a great domain it is and feel it 'should' get xx,xxx in these settings, where winner takes all, and sells for certain to high bidder.
only thing that may restrict price is buyers cashflow right now, however whoever wins domain would want many multiples i would imagine 'if' reselling

good luck to all. especially me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom