Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DomainLore Auction Books.org.uk - No reserve! Will Sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats Peter.
thanks to everyone who took part too
obviously a lot lower than I hoped and a lot less than have been offered before! that's the chances you take when you do a no reserve auction.
takes 2 serious bidders to get a good auction and you only need one to forget or get stuck in traffic etc.

it was my auction and missed end myself as had to bottle feed baby and do her rusk :D

wheres Barry's daughter when you need her to bid on your auction? :cool: lol

email sent Peter.

i emailed about 15 endusers in UK who suited perfectly. theres every chance one may contact you in future, as none showed

I believe the highest .org.uk sale has actually gone unreported, but an educated guess tells me it was for a collection of insurance domains. :)

Not that suprised to be honest, and if anyone saw real extra value then they would have been daft not to buy it somehow :)

Who buys books online from anyone aside from amazon?

If affiliate bought this, it would take a fair number to pay back a big price tag on the peanuts amazon would give for flogging a paperback.

I saved comments until after the auction as I didnt want to run it down, I would have said 4-5k'er.

£1k possible potential is not enough to make me want to buy it though :)

Well done on the sale, and I hope the cash is useful :)

I agree with Rob. It's a great generic for a massive industry but that industry is dominated by Amazon and a few lesser suppliers. Books.co.uk will have the same problem albeit with a better chance at becoming a well-remembered brand due to its extension. Unlike Amazon's brand books.org.uk really is limited to books as well. If you said you bought a laptop from books.org.uk, you'd probably get some funny looks! Something more versatile like buy.org.uk would have a lot more potential from a development/ affiliate opportunity perspective.

Last edited:
it was my auction and missed end myself as had to bottle feed baby and do her rusk

Moments like that are worth more than money mate :)

I guessed 4k and personally wouldn't feel comfortable putting 3k + into a .org.uk especially with a product which is dying to some degree, the missues used to do my head in spending ages in second hand book shops but now she just downloads them all thank god.

Enjoy the money Guy :cool:

best thing about pure generics is you get the subdomains

e.books
text.books
childrens.books
etc.

it isn't just amazon that sell books. check out the high alexa ranks of dozens of other sites

if you're a book worm and fancy writiing lots of book reviews and keep a busy blog along with having an affiliate store i think could do very well and think can get page 1 by the right person, i really do

the exacts speak volumes too

lost of people drop xx,xxx on a .co.uk and don't have foggiest how theyre gonna make cash, and many domainers never do
i think this domain is about as obvious as it gets on how to go about making some cash

i initially just put a store on the domain
i think you need to do something a bit different from other sites, and just put some unique content on it. i think the extension will get respected by google too as fits so well
a real product thats going nowhere and you can sell ebooks too

congrats to buyer. i honestly expect it to sell for a good sum somewhere down line. just don't tell me!

nb: my eldest daughter woke up baby as she was creating she wanted a hot water bottle while putting her to bed! in this weathe! just spent 2 hours watching in the night garden trying to get her back to sleep lol
bloody kids!

Last edited:
For what it's worth, we used to let our daughter watch TV for 15 minutes before reading her a bed time story and putting her to bed. While we were on holiday for a few days she couldn't watch TV before bed and we noticed she got to sleep much more easily than before, so when we returned home we removed the 15 mins TV from her bed time routine and she has got to sleep so much better since. Really noticably. It's like TV acts as a stimulant when they need to be winding down. Just thought I'd mention it in case it helps.

hmm

should have sold for more only went up to £1550 mark but I wouldn't have put it on Lore.

How did sledges go for £25k :eek:
It was a developed website that was ranking highly. Same with poker.org.uk and a few other high .org.uk offers / sales that we have seen. I have no doubt that if books.org.uk was in the top ten for its keyword it would have got a few more £k.

I'm sure Frank's dulcet tones on the radio had something to do with Sledges going for £25k as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom