Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Bought two domains via Sedo (from an AD user too) - no response

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by WaftyCrank, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaftyCrank United Kingdom

WaftyCrank Active Member

On 8th December I won two auctions with the same Acorn user for two .co.uk domains that I were mildly interested. I paid for the domains on 9th November.

To date I have had no nominet paperwork from the seller, no change of ISP TAG and nothing from Sedo (and no response to my PM from the seller).

Do you feel I'm being too unreasonable given the time of year to at least expect some level of contact from the seller and maybe (just maybe) paperwork completed from his end? It has been 14 days now and plenty of time for the post to arrive.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

The least they could do is ask if you can wait a bit... get onto Sedo.

At least in the New Year we will have a UK Sedo telephone number to call :)

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

No I don't think you're being unreasonable either. If people are being professional you should expect a fairly prompt response, at least electronically, although I guess the post may get delayed because of Christmas.

Rgds

Accelerator

4. rob

rob Founding Member

I think communication would be expected of some sort even if to explain the delays.

People do go away / have issues etc so it is always good to give some leeway, however you can view the Acorn users profile page to see when they have last logged on - and if regular etc you could assume the PM has been read.

5. zee United Kingdom

zee Well-Known Member

is it possible seller out of contact ?, if selling domain the whole purpose is to recieve funds once sale goes through,sedo should at least advise, now on hols untill 28/12 , but believe [email protected] should at least be operational during hols.....z

6. landlord

landlord Active Member

double check

I have found on several occassions that sedo have concluded a .co.uk in favour of the buyer....they have failed to realise that a co.uk is not complete until transferred using Nominet forms. They accidently change the tag to them thinking that this will allow them to complete the sale and release funds to the seller....incorrect

Lee

7. WaftyCrank United Kingdom

WaftyCrank Active Member

Thanks everyone. I know it's a busy time of year for people but a quick email and/or PM doesn't hurt to say it will be done by x date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.