Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

britainsgottalent.co.uk sedo bid £100,000

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by kass, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Sorry !!!

Phillip, Kind of self educated, glad you managed to read it though lol

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

4. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Oh Deary me !!!

Grave Digger [​IMG] come on, if your going to call someone a prat by quoting them, at least learn how to quote them properly.

TOSSER !!! [​IMG] <<< Jimmc in de pan

End of.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  5. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

Prat by definition: A silly, stupid, or ill-informed person.

Noun. A fool, idiot or objectionable person. Originally meaning the buttocks.

I was just copying excerpts from your banal, foolish and 'totally' ill-informed post as they appeared, I addressed only the parts that I thought (might) interest other readers, the rest was hyperbole and uneducated. I have bitten my lip for way long enough and will be enlightening anyone on this forum who is interested over the weekend exactly what is happening re this ongoing case, which is a long way from concluded.

6. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

The reality is that the owner of this site (acorn) has known for a long time who the britainsgottalent.co.uk name actually belongs to and while I have not wanted to demean myself and be drawn into the mire while people who have absolutely no idea have given their opinion and vented their spleen. So I have said nothing.

However when I see this string in effect accusing a member of my family of something like this I had to reply. The thing I hate about forums is the fact that uninformed people can get away with talking rubbish when they have no real knowledge.

If you are really concerned with justice on this site why not try to be on the side of the original owner and not favour big business. Isn’t this what forums were supposed to be all about? Were it me if I had something to say I would be offering HELP to my fellow forum member, not trying to find fault!!

7. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

What I will say at this time is, (fairplay) DOES NOT own this name I DO, fairplay however is a family member who incensed by everything that has happened, how Fremantle promised to buy, then asked for more time, then launched a dirty tricks campaign against me over several months which ended up with me admitted to the coronary unit in St Peters hospital on two occasions, with two pulmonary episodes. I have spent two weeks over the Christmas and New Year holiday period self-injecting myself, TWICE A DAY with Heparin, as they have confirmed I have a Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) in my leg and I now have to take Warfarin blood thinning drugs for at least the next 6 months. The consultants say this was directly caused by the stress I have been put under over the period and that the Fremantle situation is unquestionably the main factor in all of this.

I am upset and angry that some fool could write this with impunity and not be held to account for liable.

8. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

Without Predudice.
    For everyone’s interest on this forum and to the wider internet community; this situation is far from over, while it is true I have NO RESPECT OR FAITH in Nominet and their systems which in my opinion and the public at large is deeply flawed and biased toward large companies, I have instructed my solicitors to inform Fremantle Media, Simon Cowell and any associates that we intend to apply to the High Court in London to injunct them from using MY BritainsGotTalent.co.uk name.

I have also informed Nominet I may seek a judicial review and there are several very good reasons why this would succeed, however my argument at this time is with Fremantle and the campaign they waged against me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  9. philipp United Kingdom

philipp Active Member

Speaking as one who is regretfully familiar with the effects of stress, I would respectfully suggest that you could do a lot worse than letting go of the whole affair and moving onto better and brighter prospects.

Best wishes,

P.

10. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Alert

Tell you what,if this is a major concern to you and a family matter with this legal concern etc, etc then why don't you leave it outside the forum ?

This forum and it's members present no legal representation for you and your family and Fairplay claiming he had no specific interest in this domain when all along he is a family member and you just admitted he is lying !!!

Freemantle and all concerned can easily find this thread.

Why don't you keep this issue between legal parties and if you don't want unknown people getting involved then don't get them involved in the first place.

And as for me being uneducated, like i said you couldn't quote me properly, oh yes and you can fit more info into 1 post, no need for several posts :confused:

As for forum members supporting each other, we do but not when somebody is committing an illegal act !!!

Stop crying and move on, what i will say is apart from this particular issue then Goodluck with all other ventures ;)

NB* if Admin is fully aware of what is apparently really going on then why not close this dying thread :confused:

11. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

You can put a price on a domain, but not your health. Good luck with it!

12. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

Thanks Philip,

The whole health is a huge concern and I'm not going to let myself become unduly stressed anymore (I can't afford to) so I'm leaving it all to my solicitors. There have been times when I wanted to give up (believe me) but when I look back and see/realise all the things this company did to try to discredit me and the totally inept procudures at Nominet it makes my blood boil, its the whole principal of the thing.

I've had an indepedent who used to be an editor for The Sun approach me and they are interested in the story, unless Fremantle gets round the table we're going to court and the whole dirty tricks campaign will be all over the national press.

J.

13. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

Illegal act...

You really are a NUMBNUTS arent you

14. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

Does this seem like someone who has no interest??

15. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

You’re not wrong and I know what you’re saying - getting out of the whole domain thing as soon as I can but thanks anyway Johnny

J.

16. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

Guys just so everyone knows I dont want to get into an argument with anyone, I dont want to debate, things, I dont want to get upset, I dont want to be stressed.

The posts were there to put a few things straight, to let people know I am the owner, to let people know I am not lying down and I've done that. Wellwishers or anyone with anything positive to say you is welcome, if not just read the latest part of the string and move on.

Thanks to everyone who has sent positive thoughts and good wishes.

Jim.

17. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

I am an adult and not a child so when i make mistakes i apoligise for them.

So SORRY to yourself when i said Fairplay was lying by claiming not to have any connection with yourself.

This thread stopped 2 and half months ago so was thinking of the top of my head and it is Footprint who fairplay said they had no connection with and Fairplay does state to Rob that they are related to the owner.

Don't get me wrong i am not condoning your actions but have to say it's nice to see somebody standing up to Big companies :cool:

It's your future ?

18. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

Thanks, apology accepted.

Jim.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.