Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Broaderband.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm quite new to this game and recently managed to aquire this domain with the intention of possibly of either developing it myself (partnering with a broadband suppier) or maybe selling it. There has been some quite interesting press recently about this broadband boost, 8mb services already being offered in some parts of the UK.

Any ideas/thoughts on the best line to take with this? - Do you think it is worth anything? Develop or work on a sale?

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Simon.

Hi Simon

Personally, I don't feel this is a strong domain name. When choosing your domain names I would suggest trying to buy names that are generic terms e.g.

broadbandsupplier.co.uk
installbroadband.co.uk

(both gone)

broaderband.co.uk as a domain name doesn't have that much value in itself. It would only be of value if you could establish a brand behind it. One thing I have thought of doing myself is developing an information site about how to get broadband with affy links to the broadband suppliers. Don't know how much it would make or whether it's worth the effort though, but in this case I reckon it's your best bet.

All the best

accelerator

Thanks for the advice accellerator, I'll certainly keep my eye open for more generic domains next time.

I think my main reasoning behind the purchase of this domain was due to the press using the term 'broaderband' a lot in their articles, describing a 'next generation' broadband service if you would.

I simply thought that it would be almost generic in itself at somepoint in the future when we are all watching tv/films etc through our internet connection.

Thanks again for the advice though,

Regards,

Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom