Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Bulding a monetising a music website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a domain with very strong backlinks in the music industry, since parking the domain to taste traffic (with just a holding page), it's receiving around 400 uv a day.

I'm planning to build out the domain into a music website, quite specifically how or what though is still to be decided. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on what kind websites are good earners in the music sector? Blog + adsense? Merch? Spotify (or other) discount codes?

I have a domain with very strong backlinks in the music industry, since parking the domain to taste traffic (with just a holding page), it's receiving around 400 uv a day.

I'm planning to build out the domain into a music website, quite specifically how or what though is still to be decided. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on what kind websites are good earners in the music sector? Blog + adsense? Merch? Spotify (or other) discount codes?

If the demographic is 30 plus I'd say amazon would be your best bet. For lower ages I think you are going to struggle to find anything paying more than pennies?

Last edited:
What did the site used to be i.e. why does it have the backlinks? Whatever the site used to be - what the traffic you are receiving expects it to be - I would pursue that initially, then add more sections with other revenue streams afterwards. On the other hand, if for example it had been a music download site or a ticket sales site, and you make the new site into a blog, surely most of the traffic would see that the site is not what they thought it was and leave.

"Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on what kind websites are good earners in the music sector?"

Fan sites.

Soundcloud.

Spotify.

Kerrang.

Thanks everyone, the more I look into it the more I'm realising it's not a good sector to try and break in to. Can't even find a Spotify affiliate programme! The domain is a defunct band website, so that could also be a risk running an affiliate site in the music sector. I think I'm going to just end up using the link juice for SEO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom