Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Buying Facebook fans / twitter followers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Seen a few services on fiver that offer this. Has anyone done this before?

Any issues with accounts being suspended etc?

Yes, have used these services before to get that initial 'boost'.

But if it's for a legit long term online business / blog etc then I would steer clear of fiverr and go for better quality .. Sometimes the accounts can look like what they are - fake - with terrible names and no pictures and from countries your probably not targeting...

But to answer your question ... Not had a problem with accounts being banned .. However if you already have a good build up of followers already - I would steer clear to be on the safe side..

Last edited:

My business partner did this much to my annoyance.

All the likes/followers started to disappear and were all gone after about 3 months, so you would have to keep on buying them.

Id prefer not to bother and do it the competition/giveaway promotion route and get real followers.

Its a bit of a waste of time, directly buying false followers.
All it gives you is a false number which eventually drops off.
The followers themselves tend to be useless as most of them are foreign ( That sounded bad, but you know what I mean :eek: )
But then it can help to get things started off.

There are other systems out there which are slightly better, that will follow/unfollow users automatically based on your own criteria.. Over time you gain a lot of more 'targeted' followers.

As someone else mentioned above having a few comps to raise followers isn't a bad idea, also good for raising a bit of traffic.

Don't expect much other return from these though.. All in all just a number.

Mike

You can get country targeted ones, which if done correct, you may end up with 1% who actually show an interest in what your tweeting / posting on Facebook.

They are great for the initial interest if you need more FB likes to get the unique URL.

Depending on where you get them from, depends on how long they will last. Fiverr is pretty much a waste of time for this. I know of 1 good seller of them on there. There is a system I use, and I lose about 2% in the first week, mainly as the majority of likers are real accounts, and not just spam accounts.

My business partner did this much to my annoyance.

All the likes/followers started to disappear and were all gone after about 3 months, so you would have to keep on buying them.

Id prefer not to bother and do it the competition/giveaway promotion route and get real followers.

Perhaps it is not true on Facebook but, on Twitter, running competitions only left me with hundreds of professional compers... both real and fake.

Perhaps it is not true on Facebook but, on Twitter, running competitions only left me with hundreds of professional compers... both real and fake.

We have done competitions in conjunction with popular night clubs and had some celebrities tweet about it that we have friendly relationships with, so it was fairly well targeted at relevant users.

Social media I find is pretty poor at directly leading to quick sales, all though that may be because our items are more a luxury buy, but the more people who know about us the better.

There is a lot of pressure on medium to large sized businesses in the UK to be seen doing the 'social network thing' - so I know some of these companies have done this to help alter the figures. None of them wants a homepage with 37 followers.

The other issue that's arisen in the last year is the fact that Facebook itself has a lot of fake accounts. Some of my own clients have felt compelled to embrace social networking but it isn't always as appropriate or beneficial as people may think.

Personally I'd stick with the good content/site/promotions method and build up genuine followers who want to visit and bookmark your website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom