Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DroppedBy | Curated Unregistered Domains & Wholesale Marketplace

Reaction score
Hey there - Josh here, from the UK, wanted to discuss and share with you the project I’ve been working on, it’s not a new or original idea but it’s done my way, and hopefully done right!

Meet DroppedBy, our project designed to help startups, solopreneurs, and indie hackers snag impactful domain names without burning a hole in their pockets. Our freebies include a curated droplist and newsletter, featuring unregistered domain names tailored precisely for this vibrant audience.

In just 6 weeks since our MVP launch, we've gained immense support: 85+ newsletter subscribers and an organic Twitter following of 90+. This fantastic response fuels us to enhance our offerings, widen our horizons, and craft a feature-packed service.

Our main aim? Empowering budding ventures with the ultimate online identity. Plus, we're cooking up a competitively priced wholesale domain marketplace to further aid our audience and boost revenue. Our journey's been a rollercoaster, but the project's buzz keeps us charged and growing stronger.

We're not just for startups and indie hackers; we reckon our service packs a punch for both newbies and seasoned domain investors seeking fresh opportunities.

The future's bright for DroppedBy! We're all in and super excited about potential collaborations. Don't hold back – share your thoughts on our website, and hit us up with any feature requests you've got in mind

The branding is turning me on. Signed up.

EDIT: How come the newsletter colour is electric green, if your brand colour is mostly blue?

The branding is turning me on. Signed up.

EDIT: How come the newsletter colour is electric green, if your brand colour is mostly blue?

We rebranded from a vibrant green to blue. Great catch, the rest of the emails are blue, but we forgot to update the subscriber welcome mail - thanks for bringing this to my attention will be addressed shortly ❤️

We rebranded from a vibrant green to blue. Great catch, the rest of the emails are blue, but we forgot to update the subscriber welcome mail - thanks for bringing this to my attention will be addressed shortly ❤️

No worries, thought it was a bit off! That being said, I love that electric green colour. Reminds me of the one Nike do "Volt", I've used it myself on occasion. It looks brilliant against a dark navy background, and vice-versa.

Good luck!

No worries, thought it was a bit off! That being said, I love that electric green colour. Reminds me of the one Nike do "Volt", I've used it myself on occasion. It looks brilliant against a dark navy background, and vice-versa.

Good luck!
The old branding was a dark themed site with electric green. But we opted to take a more professional approach, it felt a little too hobby-like and we wanted to take a slightly more corporate approach, as boring as that sounds it has worked interms of building credibility.

No, I understand. It's difficult sometimes, to be adventurous with the colour palette. I do enjoy the clean and minimalistic approach of your site.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom