Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

bye bye Full Time Employment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I made the break - and I'm absolutely beaming.

I have been aligning client work for a short while and finally handed my notice in last Monday.

I'm starting a dev/design agency with a partner and very excited at what lies ahead - More to come on this when branding and site etc is complete.

Some of you on here have assisted in making me see the light and help alter my belief on a reliance of a full time job. Thanks for pushing - you know who you are.

Andrew

Well done and good luck

Well done, You read like a man with his head well screwed-on. :D

Don't forget to list one or two of your commissioned projects here at Acorn for us all to take a look

Don't forget that your new boss is the customer :)

And if I could recommend anything, it's don't wait too long to hire underling #1. The longer you leave it, the harder it is.

Awesome news. Congratulations and all the best with your new business!

Congratulations - I wish you all the very best with your business.

"bye bye Full Time Employment"

If that's what you think, oh boy, are you in for a shock ;-)

"bye bye Full Time Employment"

If that's what you think, oh boy, are you in for a shock

Good luck and it is a good choice!
BUT Yep you'll be going from a full time 9-5 job to a 24/7 life job!

But you'll be happy! ;)

haha thanks all.

I was out of the house 12 hours a day in my role and almost every night had the laptop open for a few hours - so it wasn't just about escaping a 9-5 and having an easy life.

Part of it for me was about making something happen myself - ability to eat tea with the family - Simple little things which getting in a 19:30 each night escaped me.

Will certainly post some of the work here and will also be able to look into getting our drop catching script up and running which was shelved after my commitment to my last role. :)

Andrew

I work 7 days a week and it ultimately cost my marriage. Not always a pretty picture. Not to put you off, self employment can reap rewards in many cases. Best of luck.

The plan is to work smart :)

I spent way too much time being a pawn for my bosses in work. I know what awaits...I know the pitfalls and I also know the possibilities.

My partner and I already own a business (Which she runs) so there are less blind spots ;)

Good luck; I worked for 10+ years for myself from home, until a local contract opened up a few years back that guarantees money (lower rate, but regular as clockwork) whilst the economy is slow. I long to get back to working for myself properly, however.

Yep, 24/7 365 a year!

I try and not work one day in the weekend, and finish early on a friday. Doesn't always work out like that though... having an office a the top of the stairs is problematic.

Shoes. That's something I read somewhere. Shoes & slippers... wear shoes when your working, and slippers when you've finished for the day. A bit of a mental kick! :)

You decide the hours you work or don't work. People will say oh it's so hard and you have to work all hours, well you don't have to do anything that you don't want to. If you want to only work 5 hours a day then do that but make sure those 5 hours are worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom