Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Can anyone tell me what "special status" is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
leaseholder.co.uk
procured.co.uk
cricketers.co.uk
retouching.co.uk
stocking.co.uk
foreman.co.uk
passed.co.uk
interdental.co.uk
overflow.co.uk
validated.co.uk

Nice 'special status' treatment for this single registrant, so not a domain dispute!

Like DaveP says, a club member.

Last edited:
leaseholder.co.uk
procured.co.uk
cricketers.co.uk
retouching.co.uk
stocking.co.uk
foreman.co.uk
passed.co.uk
interdental.co.uk
overflow.co.uk
validated.co.uk

Nice 'special status' treatment for this single registrant, so not a domain dispute!

Same reason as my previous post. Registrar no longer exists.

(from Note 3)

Last edited:
The reason for the instance you have exampled is possibly because the company listed as the registrar in the WHOIS is no longer a Nominet registrar. See the list.

If I've understood you right, then I can:

Become a registrar, register a load of domains, no longer be a registrar, have my domains sat doing nothing and earn of sedo clicks of something?

What if 123 or one of the other top 10 decide to no longer be a registrar? what would happen to all those .co.uk's?

That don't sound right to me.

If I've understood you right, then I can:

Become a registrar, register a load of domains, no longer be a registrar, have my domains sat doing nothing and earn of sedo clicks of something?

What if 123 or one of the other top 10 decide to no longer be a registrar? what would happen to all those .co.uk's?

That don't sound right to me.

The domain names "belong" to the IND registrant in the cases exampled. The registrar was a incorporated LTD entity that no longer exists, hence there is currently no active registrar to allow the registrant to renew their domain names. Let's put aside the fact that at some point the registrant and the registrar linked back to the same person. For whatever reason the registrar that managed the domain names no longer exists and at the moment the registrant and Nominet haven't worked out a way forward hence Nominet have flagged the domain names as "do not cancel".

(from iPhone)

leaseholder.co.uk
procured.co.uk
cricketers.co.uk
retouching.co.uk
stocking.co.uk
foreman.co.uk
passed.co.uk
interdental.co.uk
overflow.co.uk
validated.co.uk

They don't exactly strike me as domains worth any hassle or legal bills over.

*** Given the subject of this discussion don't be surprised to see a flowery essay from the individual registrant involved pop up in this thread at some point, more than likely blaming Nominet members of staff by name for this predicament. Etc etc etc. You have been put on notice. :) ***

(from LG G3)

The domain names "belong" to the IND registrant in the cases exampled. The registrar was a incorporated LTD entity that no longer exists, hence there is currently no active registrar to allow the registrant to renew their domain names. Let's put aside the fact that at some point the registrant and the registrar linked back to the same person. For whatever reason the registrar that managed the domain names no longer exists and at the moment the registrant and Nominet haven't worked out a way forward hence Nominet have flagged the domain names as "do not cancel".

(from iPhone)

Thanks for that, understand now :)

Nominet are a bad joke really.

All they need to to is email the "registrant" (who obviously in this case happens to be the same as the former registrar which is irrelevant) and give them a specified time period to transfer their domains to a new registrar. Surely not rocket science!

(from iPhone)

Surely if the registrar is no longer operational, transfer the domains to the NOMINET tag and issue renewal notice at standard rates, registrant can then either choose to move them to new tag, renew at full rate or let drop. What is different to any other situation?

Nominet are a bad joke really.

All they need to to is email the "registrant" (who obviously in this case happens to be the same as the former registrar which is irrelevant) and give them a specified time period to transfer their domains to a new registrar. Surely not rocket science!

For all I know there could be other ongoing legal action between the individual and Nominet. From past observations they're clearly not on the best of terms.

"Members’ Code complaints
The Board noted that two complaints of bringing Nominet into disrepute had been made by Members under the Members’ Code in relation to a member, Mr Chris Holland. When these complaints had been put to Mr Holland, he had promptly resigned and hence the complaints could not be progressed further. However from what the Board members of the Member Code Committee had seen, there were serious concerns raised which remained unresolved and that would need to be brought to a satisfactory conclusion prior to any re-admission of Mr Holland as a member of Nominet."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom