Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Can't figure out why adsense ads arent being approved

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been doing adsense for years but I'm stumped, can anybody see why a site I have added to my account is not showing ads. I've tried all the things I can think of and i keep getting the same unhelpful email...

site is https://www.pardonmyblog.co.uk

The team has now reviewed it but unfortunately your site isn’t ready to show ads at this time. There are some issues which need fixing before your site is ready to show ads.
For more information, visit the 'Sites' page in your account.
You can find more details and application tips in this help article.

Looking at the site I can't see any obvious policy violations. Perhaps maybe there's not enough copy on the page?

What does the "Sites" page show?

Nothing of use, I have 30 valid sites in there and then this one just shows:

pardonmyblog.co.uk

Needs attention
Your site isn’t ready to show ads
There are issues which need fixing before your site is ready to show ads.

Ive had similar with a site recently and all i can put it down too is amount of content. It only had about 10 posts when i applied. Nothing dodgy on there at all.

It isn't anything to do with an ads.txt file not being present? Also the site addition process seems to have changed in that it generates a new block of code that has to be added to the top of various pages whereas before it was just a case of adding the ad slots.

Regards...jmcc

Whats the ads.txt file ?
It is a file that contains the Google publisher number and three other fields to tell advertisers how ads are bought on the site.
This is the Google ads.txt explanation:
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7532444?hl=en

The format is google.com, pub-nnnnnn, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 (where nnnnn is the publisher number).

Don't know if they've started to force it on new sites.

Regards...jmcc

Can be a problem if there is duplicate content on the site; you may not always be aware that someone has plagiarized your site but it is enough to trigger such warnings.
In the absence of any other obvious reasons, this may be worth investigating?

Don't know if they've started to force it on new sites.

If you remove ads.txt from a site you'll get an alert but if was never there it doesn't affect anything, AFAIAA?

If you remove ads.txt from a site you'll get an alert but if was never there it doesn't affect anything, AFAIAA?
It may not but there has been some mention of existing sites being asked to include it.

Regards...jmcc

I had this recently and no matter how much I resubmitted for approval, it kept getting the same automated message like the one you did.

What I did, is removed the website from Adsense completely and then re-added it as a new site to the account, rather than requesting it to be re-reviewed.

It got accepted once I done that.

Not sure why that worked but it did in my instance.

Interesting! I just uploaded ads.txt which Ive never done before. If i get another auto rejection I will try this bug fix remove and re-add, cheers

So I added ads.txt. I then removed the site from my adsense sites list and re-added it. Denied again. The content is all unique. I only have one idea, insufficient pages/posts.

Why is that funny :p

The style of it looks aggressive and it's a controversial topic

Doesn't scream advertiser friendly

L1QpA6C.png

Because its not a factor for Adsense and most ads are remarketing ads these days not page content related.

Because its not a factor for Adsense and most ads are remarketing ads these days not page content related.

Well just a guess based on nothing overtly sticking out as being an issue

Try taking the image of the guys legs ( marathon post ) out with something else ( with less skin ). I've had the Adsense gods nearly ban/remove a site before because there was too much skin on show in a particular section, wasnt anything racey or remotely related to that kind of subject either.

Also make sure your privacy policy, GDPR policy and cookie concents are on point. Make it easy for people to find contact info or contact page with details on it thats more than a contact form, plus an about us page helps.

I would imagine its mostly down to the lack of content and lack of organic traffic which is the problem though, everything above is a guess/best practice.

So I added ads.txt. I then removed the site from my adsense sites list and re-added it. Denied again. The content is all unique. I only have one idea, insufficient pages/posts.
One thing that may make it it look like an MFA site to the Googlers is the poster name (PMB editor). The post dates on the posts I looked at don't see too heavily clustered. Is it linked from anywhere else?

There's also a lack of a visual cue (eg: read more) on the articles in that it is necessary to move the mouse over the title or image. Not sure if that would have any influence though.

Regards...jmcc

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom